Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellows,

Just discovered that Zard released new seats for Scrambler!
Check it out:
SCRAMBLER DUCATI SEATS

IMO a bit pricey, but the design is awesome. They present all of the seats in their demo motorcycle, which has a few cool parts installed. Just look at this like really nice exhaust.

Cheers

·
Registered
149 Posts
Doesn't look bad. $303 USD + shipping. Curious to see what the side panels will look like. I really like the slash cut exhaust on the red example.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks like Zard is finally selling their seat side panels now. Here is what they look like...although this was taken from the ALO website however I'm pretty sure they are the same items. This looks like the brown seat which I couldn't find a picture of on Zards website. Also the sidepanels here are in brushed aluminum but you can order already anodized black.

upload_2017-4-18_16-33-58.png

upload_2017-4-18_16-34-18.png

·
Registered
138 Posts
Meh. As far as I can see from the pictures they can't possibly have put much work into it. The bottom edge doesn't align with the frame or the panels, it slopes in an angle that breaks the beautiful lines of the bike and the panels, well.. looks like they fell off a Yamaha. They look cheap and the holes expose the ugliest parts of the bike.. Why not just a solid triangle? I can't speak for the build quality but Mugello looks way sexier and I bet my ass the Sargent, albeit at a much higher price, is 100 times more comfortable.

So I wouldn't buy it for the looks, and I wouldn't buy it for comfort. What other reason is there for changing the seat.. price? It's cheaper to keep the original seat.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Each to his own. I think they look pretty good, agreed it would be nicer to see the frame between the seat and the side panels. Also agreed that it may be less comfortable but TBD. I just think the stock seat is comically big and not very comfortable. The Sargent seat is equally as big. If I wanted to keep a similar size I would just add a gel insert and have a local upholsterer recover in real leather. Mugello looks okay but just sounds like it's a little bit of guess work with the customer service and orders. I don't know....just interested to see and hear how these are in person.

·
Registered
2 Posts
These seats and panels are actually made by Alo's Cafe. If you purchase from Zard they will have a Zard logo stitched into the rear but the underneath will be marked as Alo's Cafe. Zard are operating as a dealer. The side panels also equally are available from Alo's Cafe without the logo laser cut into them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts