Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post, go easy :D

Soooo I'm totally lusting after a 2019 Cafe Racer. Was hoping I could plug you all for some info before I go to test a few....

Is the standard exhaust a Termi?

What's the common list of issues you might expect to see so I can keep my eyes open for issues

I see many comments saying it's not so quick.... I'm more about twisty corners than outright speed but it need to have enough power to keep me interested, are these things lacking a little in that respect?

Any general comments, loves hates etc :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a new CR owner, first gen though (2017).

Yes they come with termi branded exhaust but don't get too excited, it has a cat and silencers so it doesn't sound great out of the box.

As for issues, I'm not sure if it affected the 2019 model year, but I know mine had a brake recall issued so make sure you check that any open recalls have been addressed. Also check if it has a service history. The desmo services aren't cheap and is due every 7,500 miles so if the mileage is anywhere close to that be sure to verify if it's been done or not.

As for power, it's pretty perky out of the box, but there's definitely room for improvement. I've added a slip-on exhaust, removed the cat, changed the throttle cam, and had it tuned and the power delivery is way smoother. Also seems to have addressed the wonky-ness below 4500 rpm (factory fuel cut-off).

Apart from the wonky low-rpm throttle my biggest complaint was the stock seat cover. Not sure if the 19's have a different material but the 17's was horrible; way too slippery and I kept sliding back and forth. Replaced it with a Luimoto seat cover and apart from looking better (IMO), it's got some actual grip now. I also wish the brakes had a bit more bite, but they aren't horrible.

There are a ton of aftermarket parts available, thankfully. So if you're like me and can't leave well enough alone, there's always more mods to do.

Oh and the stock pegs and foot controls are stupid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yes they come with termi branded exhaust but don't get too excited, it has a cat and silencers so it doesn't sound great out of the box.

As for issues, I'm not sure if it affected the 2019 model year, but I know mine had a brake recall issued so make sure you check that any open recalls have been addressed. Also check if it has a service history. The desmo services aren't cheap and is due every 7,500 miles so if the mileage is anywhere close to that be sure to verify if it's been done or not.

As for power, it's pretty perky out of the box, but there's definitely room for improvement. I've added a slip-on exhaust, removed the cat, changed the throttle cam, and had it tuned and the power delivery is way smoother. Also seems to have addressed the wonky-ness below 4500 rpm (factory fuel cut-off).

Apart from the wonky low-rpm throttle my biggest complaint was the stock seat cover. Not sure if the 19's have a different material but the 17's was horrible; way too slippery and I kept sliding back and forth. Replaced it with a Luimoto seat cover and apart from looking better (IMO), it's got some actual grip now. I also wish the brakes had a bit more bite, but they aren't horrible.

There are a ton of aftermarket parts available, thankfully. So if you're like me and can't leave well enough alone, there's always more mods to do.

That's awesome thanks so much for the detailed response!

I must admit I prefer the look of the 2017 model, it's a little less in your face but I do like the idea of the increased spec of the 2019 model and it does look pretty special too. Really not a fan of the blue seat though so maybe a Luimoto is in order once I find the right bike. Just got to get them to deliver to the UK!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That said as much as the lure is there with these extra bits it's the blue styling that's making me hesitant! The Black/Gold vibe is so much more classic (like me haha).

What are people's thoughts of the Cafe vs something like a Monster 797? Very similar but quite different :/

·
Registered
9 Posts
I test rode a monster (797 or 821, I can't remember) the same day as buying my cafe. The monster has a bit more pep, but the riding position was too aggressive for me. It's closer to a sport bike where the pegs are a bit steeper angle and I found my junk and lower abdomen pressed against the tank.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Soooo I'm totally lusting after a 2019 Cafe Racer. Was hoping I could plug you all for some info before I go to test a few....

What's the common list of issues you might expect to see so I can keep my eyes open for issues

I see many comments saying it's not so quick.... I'm more about twisty corners than outright speed but it need to have enough power to keep me interested, are these things lacking a little in that respect?

Get a Rapid Bike Evo module and any slip on exhaust. Also get a good air filter. It will really help it open up in both the high end and low end. Makes it way smoother at low rpm's. Finding neutral was hard at first but it breaks in.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Good luck mate!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts