Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my KLR650 for a 2017 Desert Sled. So far I really like it. The wife likes the back seat much better. It does seem like it puts off a lot more heat. The right side just behind my leg is just wicked heat. Is this normal?

Also, did I read that right that you can only put 90oct gas in it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I was told to put 95 in mine buy the dealer I bought it from for optimum engine performance. And yes, they get hot!

·
Registered
892 Posts
The Australian manual says 95 but keep in mind that the measurement of fuel ratings varies between the USA and other countries. 95 RON (Australia or Europe) roughly equals 91 PON (USA system) so if the OP is in the USA 90 or 91 fuel would be correct.

·
Registered
292 Posts
roughly equals 91 PON (USA system) so if the OP is in the USA 90 or 91 fuel would be correct.
It's almost never called "PON" though. Our pumps are labelled as "(R+M)/2" or sometimes it's referred to as "AKI" or Anti-Knock Index.

And for the OP, if you're in the USA (or Canada) you want to use fuel that's at least 90 (R+M)/2, or if you're in the rest of the world, 95. Most of our pumps here offer 87, 89, 91 and sometimes 93 (R+M)/2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts