Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some may find the below information to sound like it was written by a giddy child. It was ;-)

Hello everyone. I just thought I would share some good news for USA based customers. I just got off the phone with an extremely pleasant Ducati CSR based at the Bologne factory. Below is what we covered.

1. ("Made in") All US destined Scramblers will be built only in Italy. There has been a lot of chatter about these being assembled in Thailand but she assured me that is not true. The Thai factory will only be building bikes for Thailand and the Asian markets. She explained that this is because the Asian market has different emission standards, etc that require many different parts. (I didn't have any qualms with my bike being assembled in Thailand, but I am happy to know my first Ducati will be "Made in Italy")

2. (Delivery) The US dealers will begin receiving the first delivery of Scramblers in 2nd or 3rd week of March. (That's soon!) The first US bound shipment has departed Italy and is on the water. [happy] She could not however give me a definite on whether my bike would be in that shipment. She explained that EU dealer internal systems allow them to associate a "Build Date" and "Ship date" with each customer order. The US system does not allow this. She did say that my dealer has some bikes allocated in the shipment, so there is a good chance mine is there. (I'm deposit #2 at my dealer from early October.)

3. With the first shipment landing in the next 2 weeks, she did say that there are several large shipments following closely behind the original. She said it was very likely that most US pre-orders would be fulfilled by 2nd week of April. (I know lots of people were thinking end of April, so 2nd week sounds good to me)

4. She said due to unprecedented demand of the Scrambler, some other production lines at their "small" (her words, not mine) factory in Italy had shifted to Scrambler production as well as Audi Group mandating that the factory remain open on Saturday and Sundays for the time being. She also said this is not public knowledge and would deny telling me this. :)

5. Customer service= Awesome. Very thorough answers to my questions and conveyed a true appreciation and excitement for the Ducati brand. I had originally emailed the company and received a return email within 24 hours asking for a specific time to call me. The Ducati CSR stayed late at her job in Bologne in order to accommodate calling me back at a time when I would be available to answer my phone at work. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks, I am from CA. Guess I will have to ask my Dealer.

Customer service in Italy was great for me as well. I sent and email and they called back. They didn't have the info but promised and did call back again the next day.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well, that is Great News, Really Great News, sure hope its true!

Oh Boy, now the next few weeks will drag on and on......but there is a little light at the end of the tunnel now!!!!

Best news I've had all day, Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I was pretty excited to get that info. Unfortunately my dealer wasn't able to confirm anything, so here's hoping I get a call from them in the next couple of weeks. Maybe dealers really are in the dark on this. The Ducati CSR did say "I assure you" several times. ;) Either way, my original 6 month wait is very likely less than 1 now. Glad for that :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, didn't ask about the Termi. It looks like Pro Italia has those listed as available to ship 3/16/15, so I would imagine everyone should start getting them around that time. While you are there, Pro Italia has lots of new Scrambler Items listed on the website. (Scrambler Alarm, Wire Wheels, Tail Tidy and others)

Termignoni Ducati Scrambler Racing Slip-on Exhaust 96480681A

·
Registered
19 Posts
where are you in Florida? I'm in venice and buy my Ducati's thru Gulf Coast in Ft Myers. I have had my Full Throttle on order since October and am the 2nd deposit on the Full Throttle . i was told that my dealer is getting 2-3 Full Throttles . so I'm safe getting mine when that shipment arrives .

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
where are you in Florida? I'm in venice and buy my Ducati's thru Gulf Coast in Ft Myers. I have had my Full Throttle on order since October and am the 2nd deposit on the Full Throttle . i was told that my dealer is getting 2-3 Full Throttles . so I'm safe getting mine when that shipment arrives .

Unfortunately I only inquired about the Icon Model so my info only applies to that model. I didn't ask about the other 3. She confirmed that I had pre-ordered the Icon in Red and gave me info accordingly. The Ducati Customer Service was top notch and spoke very good English, so I would say just get them a call or email.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks Albie.

I called my dealer re this post and did not get any confirmation. I also asked why some dealers were advertising accessories and some weren't. He said that Ducati put together accessory packages for the first deliveries. He said the early packages included items that they felt they would not sell for a long time. Larger dealers can afford to stock unpopular items. Smaller dealers can't.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thanks Albie.

I called my dealer re this post and did not get any confirmation. I also asked why some dealers were advertising accessories and some weren't. He said that Ducati put together accessory packages for the first deliveries. He said the early packages included items that they felt they would not sell for a long time. Larger dealers can afford to stock unpopular items. Smaller dealers can't.
That's true. I have £1000 of accessories paid for and not yet got on bike or have them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
But you get to ride your bike. Unlike you, I sold my previous bike so there is a hole in my garage. Anticipation, it's making you wait........

·
Registered
831 Posts
Great news. The staff in Bologna are always very polite and helpful and as you say they are always full of enthusiasm for our beloved Ducati's

Not many sleeps left till you get them!

1 - 20 of 329 Posts