Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Next Gen revealed, whatcha think?

6K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  ScrambleEgg-Pepe 
#1 ·
Ducati released its last new model preview video, the Gen 2 Scrambler is in the Land of Joy. Comments?

#3 ·
Styling wise I have never been a fan of the new flat headlights Ducati and others have so that part is a no for me.
Not sure about the exhaust I don’t think it looks as good as the original design.
Electronics wise I like the new package, cornering ABS, quick shifter, etc. I do like the new dash and very much like the new handlebar cable routing.
Overall there isn’t enough there to temp me to even think about updating the Full Throttle we already have.

#8 ·
The U.S. website talks about the Icon being reintroduced "with an even more modern design and componentry," but I can't find out what that more modern "componentry" might be.

Still getting used to the new styling, but I agree with you on the new cable routing. That's an improvement, at least!

#10 ·
Not bad... interesting updates to the overall aesthetic, but im not sure it's successful across the whole lineup. The icon and FT look nice, but the new nightshift seems to have lost some of its unique styling. The tank shape isn't as strong for a modern retro, and the seat is all together worse. The flat line on the bottom of the nightshift 1.0 seat is a very strong detail, now that it's gone it just looks like a brown icon seat. The blue is, imo, a downgrade from the aviator grey.

The exhaust is not as iconic looking (no pun intended) as it once was. It sorta just sticks out of the front cylinder, immediately takes a 180 turn and straight-lines back to under the seat. Curious what the discoloration will look like on that sharp bend up front. Also interesting that the flow seems to be reversed from what it was before, and the rear cylinder exhaust is completely hidden from view. Maybe all this was done for better ground clearance?

#12 ·
I have riding modes, cornering ABS, cruise control and a bigger TFT on my other Ducati. When I ride the Scrambler I feel free of all the complication and just have fun. I think after selling so many in the current family Ducati knows they have to refresh to find new customers but I really like the simplicity of my 2015 and its true classic looks.

#14 ·
I'm distinctly underwhelmed. Aesthetically, it's a bit tidier, even if I really don't like the pushed-in headlight look (not that the original is much better). And as has already been pointed out, losing the flat seat-line on the Nightshift is a downgrade for me. I don't mind the dark blue though.

The main issue is that I'm just not interested in any of the technical upgrades. For me the Scrambler is all about simplicity. So riding modes, quick-shifters, a huge dash and all that stuff is just pointless.

Worse though, they haven't (or don't seem to have) addressed the two major weaknesses of the older model: rubbish suspension and the lack of a 17" front wheel on any model now the Café Racer is gone.

Guess I'll just keep my increasingly tatty 2015 Icon.

bm

#15 ·
I'm distinctly underwhelmed. Aesthetically, it's a bit tidier, even if I really don't like the pushed-in headlight look (not that the original is much better). And as has already been pointed out, losing the flat seat-line on the Nightshift is a downgrade for me. I don't mind the dark blue though.

The main issue is that I'm just not interested in any of the technical upgrades. For me the Scrambler is all about simplicity. So riding modes, quick-shifters, a huge dash and all that stuff is just pointless.

Worse though, they haven't (or don't seem to have) addressed the two major weaknesses of the older model: rubbish suspension and the lack of a 17" front wheel on any model now the Café Racer is gone.

Guess I'll just keep my increasingly tatty 2015 Icon.

bm
All very good points now I've had time to stew.

#16 ·
Watched a couple of YouTube videos.
Don’t like the plastic tank covers at all they look cheap and ill fitting. For those who don’t know the silver part of the tank colour is the tank. The coloured part is a replaceable plastic overlay.
The steering head has been steepend to quicken the steering and the rear shock is now more central to the bike rather than being on one side. It will be interesting to see if there are unannounced suspension changes. You would expect that they will have had to revise the suspension in light of the alterations.
The reduction in weight is good not that it was a heavy bike to start with.
The switchgear looks a bit more substantial than the original switches.
I’m still not sure about the overall lines of the bike but I guess what we have here is a fairly natural progression.

#17 ·
Aesthetically I think they are a step backward. I don’t care for the new display, and I don’t see anything here that looks better than my Cafe Racer. I even like last year’s Nightshift better than the 2023. This is good as I feel zero need for a new model. I also don’t like much of the new Ducati lineup at all. I have owned many MONSTERS and I find the new ones just plain ugly. Just one man’s opinion.

#25 ·
I saw it at a Ducati Party in San Francisco. It was the Night Shift Model. Visually, it looks great. I haven't turned it on to view the dash. I like the new gas tank, it's metal all around with an easy-to-remove plastic cover that you can modify whatever you want.

The exhaust can look great, the engine's glossy now. I sat on it, the seat's different animal now and I am not sure about the comfort level of it. Two things I find skeptical about on the bike are the new headlight with an "X" on it and the hydraulic clutch. I hope the headlight works well. I am not too keen on a hydraulic clutch on this bike. I had to replace mine on the Multistrada 1000S DS. After selling Multistrada and getting the Scrambler Classic, I was happy with the Scrambler's cable-pull clutch. It was a 2016 model.

I certainly do hope they bring back the Ducati Scrambler Tour so I can test-ride them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.