Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I left the office early to go for a run out with my friend Dangerous Jim. He was on his Triumph Rocket as his MV F4 is broke, and all his other bikes including a 996 are all SORNed. I was on my Scrambler.

We took a very scenic yet brisk route to Hollingworth Lake, which was beautiful in the sunshine. Had something to eat and drink and a great chat with Jim about nothing in particular. :p

Then we went our separate ways and I took a long route back via Ripponden, Sowerby Bridge, Halifax, Brighouse and Huddersfield.

The scrambler really is a great bike for riding briskly and taking in the beautiful scenery that West Yorkshire and Lancashire has to offer. :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I want to go to Yorkshire some time in the not too distant future, particularly the Dales :). Not to mention Scotland, Lakes, Peaks ... so many places to go, so little time :rolleyes:. Found some cracking roads on Skye in my van, I will get back there one day!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm doing next weekend up in Scotland and taking the Scrambler this time to keep my speeds down.

Last year there was 47 Ducatisti on the trip, with Lunatics like me doing warp speeds on our Panigales etc.

This year there is apparently 55 of us going!

Going on the Scrambler means I won't get sucked into the warp speed group of riders and will keep my speed down to respectable levels :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
This afternoon I left the office early to go for a run out with my friend Dangerous Jim. He was on his Triumph Rocket as his MV F4 is broke, and all his other bikes including a 996 are all SORNed. I was on my Scrambler.

We took a very scenic yet brisk route to Hollingworth Lake, which was beautiful in the sunshine. Had something to eat and drink and a great chat with Jim about nothing in particular. :p

Then we went our separate ways and I took a long route back via Ripponden, Sowerby Bridge, Halifax, Brighouse and Huddersfield.

The scrambler really is a great bike for riding briskly and taking in the beautiful scenery that West Yorkshire and Lancashire has to offer. :)
Hi,
I'm based in Rawdon near leeds and Bradford airport so not that far away, some great riding roads round here and I agree the scrambler keeps the sped down.

·
Registered
965 Posts
All of you in the geographical region that you are make me so envious of the country side thats available to you to ride through. More pictures please?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
That's another good thing about the UK , you're never far from good biking roads and great scenery , :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'd love to take my Scrambler over to the UK and ride some of those roads. Love it there, everywhere I went outside the city was so freaking green and gorgeous!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When you say the city, where do you mean?

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is so much more to the UK than London. In fact I'd go so far as to say that London is a poor representative for the UK.

Ps I knew where she meant and that's why I asked the question;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts