Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am most likely ordering the R1 setup at the end of the month. But for those who wonder what it all looks like, I found some pictures on Nitron's FB page.

R2 pics as well, for those who are interested.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Well I bought the R1, I've had it on now for almost a 1,000 miles, and I couldn't be more pleased with it,:D

And yes they do a black spring now, think it's £10 extra,

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
And what is the difference? I just get on and ride mine. But maybe I'm the "perfect" size and weight for the standard set up??

·
Registered
120 Posts
One of you needs to change your nickname... Both EL something and you both post on the same threads... You're the same person to me and its freaking me out that you're talking to each other! :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And what is the difference? I just get on and ride mine. But maybe I'm the "perfect" size and weight for the standard set up??
I am 225lbs naked, 250lbs+ with my backpack etc… now add another 135lbs with my copilot, and we're pushing 390/400lbs. I don't think Ducati had us in mind when they designed the suspension.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I'm 220 lbs with my specs on :rolleyes: and the standard shock didn't work for me, that's why I had them make one for my weight, I have it set at - 6 clicks at the moment , much more comfortable ,

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't think anyone is the perfect size and weight for the Scrambler suspension as it's different front to rear. It's this imbalance that irritates me as much as the poor quaility. Once you've ridden a bike with good suspension it's hard to go back. Sure, it's ok and you can get by, but the Scrambler as a bike really does deserve better.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not sure if I like the R2 so much, the piggyback cuts the lines of the bike and looks a little out of place. R1 is stellar. I contacted Nitron USA, and I was quoted US$ 599 shipped to Canada.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm 190 wet (he hee) and find the suspension very harsh! Under-sprung and under-damped front, over-sprung and under-damped rear. Full suspension upgrade is where my savings pennies are currently going. These look really great! Thanks for your review Elvisto.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I'm 150lbs (just under 11 stone) and it seems to work for me. It's comfortable (not sure if it's all day comfortable yet) and when I chuck it around corners (and I mean chuck) it doesn't falter.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm 150lbs (just under 11 stone) and it seems to work for me. It's comfortable (not sure if it's all day comfortable yet) and when I chuck it around corners (and I mean chuck) it doesn't falter.
I think it's great over smooth roads and handles very well. It's hitting bumps like drain covers etc that I find really jarring as if the high speed compression is to high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I think it's great over smooth roads and handles very well. It's hitting bumps like drain covers etc that I find really jarring as if the high speed compression is to high.
That's interesting as I find the Scrambler makes perfect sense over nadgery roads that I wouldn't take my Pani anywhere near. :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm a similar weight to El Toro, and I find the suspension fine. Maybe a tad harsh on really bumpy stuff, but I'm happy with it for the money. It's not a sports bike so I don'tepect sportsbike suspension :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have to admit that for the money it's fine. I just have the extra money to fine tune mine to my liking - within reason ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
I find the suspension just fine. I do not plan to change anything. I weigh 180 so maybe just lucky to be the the right weight.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts