Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Nitron Rear shock Fitting

14K views 44 replies 11 participants last post by  TC3 
#1 ·
I fitted my new Nitron Rear Shock yesterday afternoon, It was set up for my weight etc, So after fitting which took 1 1/2 hrs from setting the bike up on my paddock stand to putting all the tools away, I left it set how it came,

I did measure the sag just to make sure and it came out at 35 mm which according to the manual supplied with the shock is about right, I also measured the length of the shock just to make sure they were both the same, They were,

So , about 7 am this morning I ventured out on one of the two routes out of my village, the road has to be one of the worst tarmac/ pot holed roads in the area, seems like my brain jumps about in my skull when riding the Scrambler,

WELL ! Not any more :D I still get bad feed back from the front forks, but that will be sorted shortly,

I did the same 3 mile stretch there and back 4 times, the second 2 after a 70 mile run out on one of my favourite routes, I did one run accelerating so it unloaded the front forks, then at slow speed, I really can't believe how much better the bike is with just the rear sorted,
I didn't feel the need to alter the rebound damping, Maybe when the front forks are modified with the new cartridges it may need tweaking,
I managed to find all the ruts and holes on my run :rolleyes: and not once did the rear end become uncomfortable,

To be continued

See less See more
#33 ·
Need my desktop pc to reply, will do tomorrow mrng.
I've already my cartridge on and it really works fine.

Elvisto, I really think fitting must be dine by a well skilled mechanic with proper equipment... Looks hard to be selfmade. Cya later

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

#34 ·
OK.

somewhere I posted already abt the Andreani/Ohlins cartridge. the main advantage comes from the full registers, rebound, compression and preload can be be fully adjusted. It means that, we can setup the bike for unpaved or twisty roads, simply increasing preload and adjusting hydraulics registers accordingly.

I've tried the bike with Continental TKC80 Twinduro Tyres, on tarmac they have less grip than the OEM tyres therefore I mainly used them on dirty roads. The fork works well, no "ends" and good response on very irregular trail.

almost sure its rear "friend" will increase bike handling and confort.

for pictures and some impression (almost the same posted here) you can check list of my posts

once again, I'm almost sure fitting to be carried out by skilled tech

#38 ·
Has anyone had problems removing the standard rear shock from the lower mount? I'm in the process of swapping out the rear shock and have removed the allen bolts top and bottem, but the bottom mount is loose, but won't come clear of the swing arm. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks.

#42 ·
You do need to jack the bike up to extend the shock, and to support the bike when the shock is removed. Once the bolts are removed it needs jacking about another half inch or so to allow the shock to clear the top mount. then, as noted above mine was in pretty tight on the spacing washer, but the shock removed easily enough once I'd pushed it clearvwith a thin screwdriver.

#44 ·
Can someone tell me the size of the original shock ( eye to eye ) as I will be getting a Scrambler around September ( to put the the shed with the Triumph 1050 sport ) to keep it company ! I am looking at buying some accessories prior to getting the bike ( a suspension place in Australia IKON is working on a rear shock for the Scrambler at present, I know the owner , he told me the other day ! , he exports around the world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.