Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2016 Scrambler 62 with 1600 miles on it, barely used. Neither the front brake lever or the rear brake pedal activates brake light. The light is on when I turn the bike on. So I'm not sure honestly if that is just a low parking light situation or if it is the brake light being on. Any advice? Before I take it 2 and 1/2 hours to a dealer.

·
Registered
954 Posts
The light that comes on when the ignition is turned on will be the tail light not the brake light.
If the brake light does not work with either the front or rear brake the first thing I would look at is the bulb.

·
Registered
906 Posts
The light that comes on when the ignition is turned on will be the tail light not the brake light.
If the brake light does not work with either the front or rear brake the first thing I would look at is the bulb.
Is the rear light not LED?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I’ve said this on other posts so I’m starting to bore myself now never mind others. The electrics on the Scrambler are pretty sophisticated so if the ecu detects a fault of any kind to the brake light it automatically cuts power to it. It also does the same to the indicators and probably other things also. This information will not cure the fault but I thought I’d share it anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts