Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. Having an issue with my 2017 Desert Sled I can't figure out. Popping in to see if anyone has any tips.

Battery is disconnected and being charged now. Tried starting with a car battery and it tic, tic, ticed. I had to start the car to get the motorcycle to crank over. I found that odd.

I'm not getting any spark and tried 3 different plugs. Tested my crank position sensor, and I was not getting the results I expected when turning over the engine by hand. I was expecting a discernible drop in voltage or amperage when rotating. I took it out to test it using a magnet. I was able to verify it is working. When moving a magnet closer to it I could modulate the amperage it was passing. I put it back in and cranked it with the starter and just seen amperage is varying, instead of pulsing. Perhaps my multimeter is not fast enough to catch the drops.

Anyone have any thoughts? I haven't looked at coils or wires as neither are sparking so its something common to both.

Fuel pump does come on when turning on ignition. No blown fuses.

Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, here is an update if anyone is curious.

The crank sensor is bad. By manipulating the wires I was able to get the signal to drop completely. Broken wire. Ordered an $18 identical sensor.

New Engine Crankshaft Position Sensor for Fiat Brava Palio Punto
- 46774532 (67-ISB-7040)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts