Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe the photos don't show it, but I should add that the colour and size are an exact match for the turn signal mounts (once you've removed the stock flashers).

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have a set of the Motogadget M.Blaze Pin signals ready to mount on my bike once the weather warms back up. I can't wait. These and a tail tidy are the last cosmetic mods I want to make.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I was thinking about getting the m.blaze pins too. I also like the motogadget bar end turn signals.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Can you confirm whether you needed transistors with these?

Cheers!

SailorHH
I sent an email to Barracuda in Italy and they replied that I need the 10 watt resistors.

I have not installed them yet. I am waiting on the LED strips for the front to arrive. They are on a slow boat from China. I'm also waiting on the Barracuda adapters for the Scrambler.

I purchased a pair of the 10 watt resistors just in case. Once everything arrives my plan is to connect them without the resistors and see what happens.

-Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
I sent an email to Barracuda in Italy and they replied that I need the 10 watt resistors.

I have not installed them yet. I am waiting on the LED strips for the front to arrive. They are on a slow boat from China. I'm also waiting on the Barracuda adapters for the Scrambler.

I purchased a pair of the 10 watt resistors just in case. Once everything arrives my plan is to connect them without the resistors and see what happens.

-Bob
Thanks, Bob!
I'm looking forward to your experiences and the odd photo.:02.47-tranquillity:

SailorHH

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yes I was thinking about getting the m.blaze pins too. I also like the motogadget bar end turn signals.
Once the weather is clear enough and I get a chance to install them, I'll post up here.

I wanted signals that were "minimalist" (read "small") and still very bright and visible from the sides as well as front / back. The Pins seemed to fit the bill. I have the signals and a bunch of posi-taps all ready to go. Not having a garage sucks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are resistors needed on the scrambler? I thought it already had relays for conventional and led signals

·
Registered
292 Posts
Are resistors needed on the scrambler? I thought it already had relays for conventional and led signals
The others are correct - you don't need any resistors. The Scrambler has an LED tail light, so it already has the correct relays for LED lights - apparently they used them on all of the lighting circuits. I run LED bulbs now in the stock turn signals, and they were plug-and-play.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Once the weather is clear enough and I get a chance to install them, I'll post up here.

I wanted signals that were "minimalist" (read "small") and still very bright and visible from the sides as well as front / back. The Pins seemed to fit the bill. I have the signals and a bunch of posi-taps all ready to go. Not having a garage sucks.
Very interested to see these. I am thinking of the pins for the back and the bar ends for the front.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks, Bob!
I'm looking forward to your experiences and the odd photo.:02.47-tranquillity:

SailorHH
Sorry for the late reply. A medical issue has kept me preoccupied for the past month.

No resistors are needed with the Barracuda indicators. I put the S-LED B-Lux on the rear and the IDEA B-Lux on the front. I cut the base off the stock indicators and reamed the hole just enough for the shaft of the Barracudas.

I like the S-LED B-Lux on the rear. I haven't yet decided if I like the IDEA B-Lux on the front. I bought 'em because they were half price and the fork mounted LED strips took forever to arrive from China.

My original plan was to use indicators in the Zeta handguards along with fork mounted led strips. I still may do that, but I will use the IDEA B-Lux for a while and see how they perform.

Here's some pics:

20190324_135555.jpg

20190324_135603.jpg

20190324_135622.jpg

20190324_135615.jpg

-Bob

Reactions: CrabbyErmine
1 - 20 of 27 Posts