Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like its looks and sound very much, but have a few questions. Is it very (obnoxiously) loud? Can it be fitted with a DB killer? Over the long term, how do you like it? Did you do a reflash? If so, what real difference did you experience, honestly?

Also looking at the Hotbodies slip-on and the Arrow Pro Race Titanium slip-on.

Basically want a muffler that sounds great, adds to (or at least doesn't hurt) performance in term of snatchiness and power, and the option to install a DB killer is a plus.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

Greg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the Hot Bodies slip on, loved it! Short and clean but is kinda loud.
I now have the Yoshi slip on and have not used the insert to quiet it up lol
Both have a great tone!

Btw my hot bodies slip on is for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the Hot Bodies slip on, loved it! Short and clean but is kinda loud.
I now have the Yoshi slip on and have not used the insert to quiet it up lol
Both have a great tone!

Btw my hot bodies slip on is for sale

Snowman, would your hotbodies slip-on be the carbon fiber one? It's the one I'd ideally like. And how much are you asking?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm using a Racefit Growler can with baffle and cat removed. Yes very loud (came with two sets of ear plugs) burbles & pops aplenty on throttle off.
Needed for London riding. No ECU tuning, just a power controlet

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using a Racefit Growler can with baffle and cat removed. Yes very loud (came with two sets of ear plugs) burbles & pops aplenty on throttle off.
Needed for London riding. No ECU tuning, just a power controlet
How effective is the baffle? I live in an apartment complex and hope that if need be, it will cut out enough noise to not be too obnoxious?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I doubt it'll have much damping on a racefit, they've always been loud loud. It does upset a couple of the neighbours but it keeps me alive, so far.
I use my bike at reasonable hours except for the odd Friday night.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Snowman, would your hotbodies slip-on be the carbon fiber one? It's the one I'd ideally like. And how much are you asking?
Mine is the silver one, asking $150. I really like the size and the sound of the Hot Bodies but I was lucky enough to have Yoshimura borrow my sled to make a exhaust..which is what I have now
Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
214 Posts
NRC is loud, it's basically a straight pipe. NRC doesn't make a DB Killer and I'm not sure if it can be fitted (not an expert).
Definitely need ear plugs. I love how it sounds, but that's subjective.

No flash or anything either.

But $150 sounds like a great deal....

·
Super Moderator
50 Posts
Mine is the silver one, asking $150. I really like the size and the sound of the Hot Bodies but I was lucky enough to have Yoshimura borrow my sled to make a exhaust..which is what I have now
Let me know if you are interested.

Where are you based and can it be posted?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi there and I’m in Southern CA/Orange County area and the Hot Bodies slip on is in the “for sale” forum posted on 6/2/18 but here are some pix, let me know!

I think FatRob is asking if you can ship it. And, based off of his terminology I'd bet he's either in the UK or Australia.

-Bob

Reactions: snoman32
1 - 11 of 11 Posts