Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed my NRC Fender Eliminator today. The Sled looks so much better now in my opinion. Install was straight-forward following their directions off the product page. The only hiccup I encountered was the turn signal LED wires were reversed - so on the new indicators, the white wires were negative and the black wires were positive. Glad I checked before soldering, shrink wrapping and installing everything. The LED's are super bright and the plate sits at a good angle - I was slightly worried it would sit too flush with the splash guard. Happy with my purchase - Next up are the front, fork tube LED indicators.

IMG_7875.JPG
IMG_7876.JPG
IMG_7877.JPG
IMG_7879.JPG
IMG_7884.JPG

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Looks fantastic.
The only real tail tidy imo.
I haven't got one as am doing my IAM training and am concerned they might pick up the 'legality' issue. Also had just fitted new led indicators.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you ever do the fork tube indicators?? just wonder what size to get
I haven't yet actually, but I THINK we need 58mm rings for the Sled's tubes.

In the meantime, I've just taken out the spacers in the front indicators to bring the bulb housings in a little closer to center, and it really helps the aesthetic so much.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think the fork is 46mm, dont quote me tho, just been trying to dig up info.... i just ordered my blk DS yesterday, I dont even have the bike yet.. but I ordered the tail kit already and the screw on reflectors for the plate.. on my sportbike i had my plate tucked away like that and got a fixit ticket for it.. Im def. gonna remove the mirror as well.. on my DRZ i have a one mirror that folds down on the bars.. ill probably do that with the DS too.. might as well go ahead and order now.

im seeing this on the ducati site:

Front suspension 46mm fully adjustable usd forks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that's the forks' inner diameter. I measured it loosely once and came out around 57mm and some change. Plus the outer diameter gets slightly thicker around the clamps, which is where the LED's would go.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rly looks nice! Have any pic straight from behind?

Looking forward to see the new front indicators!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got the same FE kit and the fork indicators.. fork indicators are a must.. very easy to install..

here is the fork indicators that fit my bike.. 2018 DS:

SKU: 1185221
Size: 56MM

New Rage Cycles Rage 360 Turn Signals - RevZilla.. if you go down in the dirt.. your indicators will be ok 100%.. ill probably get the fork indicators for my drz too.. after i break current ones on there.

fork_indicator.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the sizing confirmation, Manilaboy! I'll definitely plan to pick up a set soon now that fitment is confirmed.

As far as your Aux Fork Lights, do you not worry that they block other drivers' view of your turn indicators? They seem to fit pretty close in proximity to the signals which could impede visibility.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the sizing confirmation, Manilaboy! I'll definitely plan to pick up a set soon now that fitment is confirmed.

As far as your Aux Fork Lights, do you not worry that they block other drivers' view of your turn indicators? They seem to fit pretty close in proximity to the signals which could impede visibility.
I'm not worried about blocking the indicators too much... Now that it gets dark at five. I wanna make sure all the nut job socal drivers see me coming.. specially on the freeway. Those Baja designs make it so much more visible at night. Wow.

I can definitely lower them. I might try to raise them too.

·
Registered
48 Posts

I moved the indicators all the way up, not blocked by aux lights anymore

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just ordered the plate mount on its own. I like the original retro lights and fender on my SIxty2... really looking forward to installing it. Do I need anything extra or is it simply just plug and play.

·
Registered
85 Posts
5D7971FE-114D-400A-82D1-89A5D0A045B6.jpeg
I think the NRC license relocation is far and away the best Scrambler option. Attached is the NRC on my CR. I used a couple of spacers on the bottom plate holes to give a better viewing angle. Still clears the tire easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heya Kent, So I just realized that if I want to keep my back fender, ( I quite like the look of it) would that make the license plate too hard to see for the police? I live right by the station thats why im inquiring...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Heya Kent, So I just realized that if I want to keep my back fender, ( I quite like the look of it) would that make the license plate too hard to see for the police? I live right by the station thats why im inquiring...
I’m not sure. Maybe you could mock up an NRC plate and see how visible it is. I used a couple of .75in spacers on the bottom two holes to increase the viewing angle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just ordered the plate mount on its own. I like the original retro lights and fender on my SIxty2... really looking forward to installing it. Do I need anything extra or is it simply just plug and play.
Where did you order the plate mount from? ive been trying to find it by itself with out the lights, can't find it anywhere.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Manila, I know it’s not the purpose of this thread but what kind of mirrors are those? I’ve been looking for something similar.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts