Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did the full NRC swap on my DS. The front signal lines were too short to reach the connectors under the tank so I had to splice them.
NRC front.jpg
NRC rear.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Personally, I’m happy with my Evotech tail tidy. Cleans up the rear end and still allows the LP to deflect mud and road grime from spraying the tail bag. Another plus is it keeps the law from scrutinizing you for a hard to read tag.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Personally, I’m happy with my Evotech tail tidy. Cleans up the rear end and still allows the LP to deflect mud and road grime from spraying the tail bag. Another plus is it keeps the law from scrutinizing you for a hard to read tag.
Hi Moto45. Just double checking - how effective is the Evotech tail tidy in deflecting the mud spray from the rear tire? Just an improvement with some mud deflected or a full solution with all of it off?

I find that the Sled's tail sprays a lot of mud on my back. Even a small puddle can splash the jacket with mud and goes as high as the back of my helmet. Really dislike this bit about the Sled. And where I ride, its common to hit puddles, even on urban commute. Here's photos of my current temporary solution - a thin translucent pvc sheet cable tied to the plate holder arm. Fills the gap well and completely solves this problem, but does look like a school project haha.

I really do want the Evotech tail tidy (for shedding some weight and for the looks) but I am worried that the short tail will make mud spray matters worse and leave no opportunity for a temp hack like my current setup. What's your experience?

I will wait for your word before placing the Evotech order :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can’t say it’s 100% effective at blocking all dirt and mud since I’ve never ridden without the tail rack/bag attached but I rarely find anything to clean off the bottom of the rack. Sorry I cannot provide more conclusive information but considering how poorly the stock design performs I would not hesitate to go with it even without the tail rack installed. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good point about the mud or wet in general. I am in SoCal in October and the last time it rained was April, so I did not even consider the "stripe" factor when going with the NRC set up. Neither did Ducati evidently. Guess I will need to fabricate something for our very brief wet season.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just finished installing the NRC fender eliminator kit, and while it looks a little cleaner I've come away feeling that overall it looks a little cheap. The light shield surface, the wiring, and bracket alignment could be better. I'm going to keep it on for now but may consider what Kent did with his tail tidy and plate placement.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts