Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I would be very, VERY worried about contact with the tire the way that you've got it mounted right now. With your weight on the bike, if there's significant compression of the suspension while riding the bike, I'd be worried that there are going to be issues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be very, VERY worried about contact with the tire the way that you've got it mounted right now. With your weight on the bike, if there's significant compression of the suspension while riding the bike, I'd be worried that there are going to be issues.
Hi Hawkeye, yep, a very legit concern. i did initially have the plate at a 90 degree incline from the frame. still had about 3 inches of gap. took it for a ride. whoops. it hit.

as i have it now, i think it's clear. the little bit of angle that the brackets provide makes a huge difference in the plate's visibility. as it's oriented, and the tire direction, i can live with the possibility that there's might be some contact. the cops aren't too bad around these parts, but i've been wondering as it was once i'd get a little attention from the constabulary ;)

·
Registered
292 Posts
That's good to hear.

Some sort of tail tidy is likely to be my next mod on mine, but I don't want to remove the rear fender.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts