Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my scrambler 1100 Sport now and love it to death.

Only issue I have is that within 10 minutes my right forearm seems to go a bit dead and numb. I assume this is due to engine vibration that comes through to the throttle side of the bars. This is my second bike and never had any issues on my previous bike which was a triumph street twin. Can’t imagine it is the riding position as your quite upright when riding. I also never get it on my left arm. Only my right

If this has happened to anyone please let me know. Considering getting new grips that block some of the vibration. Other than that I’m kind of flummoxed. Thanks. Stu

·
Registered
64 Posts
I’ve had my scrambler 1100 Sport now and love it to death.

Only issue I have is that within 10 minutes my right forearm seems to go a bit dead and numb. I assume this is due to engine vibration that comes through to the throttle side of the bars. This is my second bike and never had any issues on my previous bike which was a triumph street twin. Can’t imagine it is the riding position as your quite upright when riding. I also never get it on my left arm. Only my right

If this has happened to anyone please let me know. Considering getting new grips that block some of the vibration. Other than that I’m kind of flummoxed. Thanks. Stu
Same here. Only on extended riding which I don't do much of. I figured it was me and gripping too tightly. I added a Kaoko throttle lock last weekend to give my right an occasional flex and shake but haven't tried it out yet. I'm sure will be fine with the lock and me relaxing my grip a bit.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You're gripping the throttle tightly. I won't say too tightly, since you need to control your throttle.

Grip Puppies (foam covers for the grips) helped with this. I still get the tingling on this and a variety of other bikes, the longer the ride the worse it gets. But these help for less than 20 bucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts