Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking of removing the O2 sensors and putting on the ebay kit because i dont like the look of the sensors.
My bike has a stock exhaust . Is this possible or will the bike run too lean/rich ?
I
s-l300.jpg

·
Registered
733 Posts
They are there to control teh mixture.

Without them you risk damaging your cat..

Normally they get removed with a tune and cat delete / new exhaust - not on their own

As its a narrow band sensor - I think it only controls the mixture at wide throttle openings - (but it may be at idle)

For sure they only control the mixture for part of the range....

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
^^ this. Don't remove them, that can/will ruin your cat.

And actually, they control the mixture at any throttle opening except for really wide openings and swift accelerations.

more info here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are there to control teh mixture.

Without them you risk damaging your cat..

Normally they get removed with a tune and cat delete / new exhaust - not on their own

As its a narrow band sensor - I think it only controls the mixture at wide throttle openings - (but it may be at idle)

For sure they only control the mixture for part of the range....
I don't really care about damaging the cat . a
^^ this. Don't remove them, that can/will ruin your cat.

And actually, they control the mixture at any throttle opening except for really wide openings and swift accelerations.

more info here.
thanks for that link, very helpful

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't really care about damaging the cat . a

thanks for that link, very helpful

If you just remove them and cap the wires the ECU will throw a fault code, a light will appear on the dash, and will default to a "safe" fuel map.

Performance will suffer and the bike will run like crap.

-Bob

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bridge the gap with a small wire?
Well, the ECU still won't be getting anything from the sensor and will present a fault code.

The sensor gives feedback to the ECU on the amount of oxygen in the exhaust. The ECU adjusts the fueling to compensate for the oxygen level, either leaning or richening the mixture.

The only way to not have the sensors and not have issues is to remap the ECU and remove the lambda (oxygen sensor) function. I believe Rexxer can do this.

-Bob

Reactions: Max Kool

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the ECU still won't be getting anything from the sensor and will present a fault code.

The sensor gives feedback to the ECU on the amount of oxygen in the exhaust. The ECU adjusts the fueling to compensate for the oxygen level, either leaning or richening the mixture.

The only way to not have the sensors and not have issues is to remap the ECU and remove the lambda (oxygen sensor) function. I believe Rexxer can do this.

-Bob
I bought the ebay eliminator kit and it works, no issues at all. bike runs the same

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I bought the ebay eliminator kit and it works, no issues at all. bike runs the same
When engine fully hot (won't be the same if not). Try running up to 6k revs and throttle off letting the engine overrun down to below 1-2 k and see if it throws a warning light, it usually does but just goes off again when you open the throttle without any other symptoms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts