Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
does anyone know if and where the Ducati Scrambler has an OBD II Connector?
Since it has place and USB Power to put a Raspberry PI on the motorcycle and read out riding data. Anyone else who is interested?

*first post*

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yes, it's the same connector as the MTS, Panigale and Monsters. The Scrambler's have the same Seimens MC3 eCU as the Monsters.

I don't know anything about Raspberry Pis but I'm willing to learn.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I can plug in pretty much any OBD dongle? That would be awesome. Or do I need some kind of converter to get the OBD Interface?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I don't think it's as straight forward as that. I got the impression that you knew how to interface to it and interpret the data.
You might need one of these which will convert the Sicma connector to a standard OBDII 16 pin.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Interfacing to OBD II is well known. I will post links as soon as I have a setup running.

Is this the cable you would recommend?

Ducati 4 Pin Multistrada CAN Diagnostic Connector Adaptor DDA LEDUCC16ADAP - 14.99 Lonelec Fault Code Readers ECU Diagnostic Equipment
I'd be very interested in this. That cable is the one I have for my MTS1200 which uses the same connector but a different (Mitsubishi) ECU.
JP of JPdiag and friends have been working on a diagnostic software for the Siemens M3C ECU for a couple of years now and have just about cracked it. There is a download here but I'm not sure how well it works yet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would also be very interested in this. Ultimately, I hope to be able to upload new fueling maps into the ECU in conjunction with an aftermarket exhaust (non-Termi).

·
Registered
764 Posts
As far as I know, the only way of uploading maps to the M3C at the moment is with the Rexxer ECU-Tuning system and it appears that you have to send the ECU to them to have it "unlocked" free of charge. Although I might have read that bit wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the lonelec adapter and will try out the OBD dongles I have in my office. Let's see if I can see something ;)

I'm still in desperate hope to get my classic soon.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Jave, did you get this working? Also, can you verify that the Scrambler uses this 4 pin rectangle adapter as opposed to the 3 pin oval 'Fiat' style adapter that has a couple of wires coming off of it that go to 12v +-? This is the Fiat cable I'm referring to. I already own it, but want to know if I have to purchase that style posted from above. Does anybody have a photo of the OBD plug on the Scrambler? Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will get my Scrambler mid-next week (hopefully)
As soon as I have it in my hands I will posts pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my bike display has suddenly faulted a couple of weeks ago, after the shocking EUR 750 request from my dealer i decided to buy the ELM327 and the cable, and i'm starting writing an android app to replace my display.

Does anyone knows where i can find a guide to read rpm, speed, temp and other messages from the ECU (m3c, the same of the scrambler, so this applies to your forum) I am assuming they will be standard OBD2 messages, but i'm still a newbie on this technology..

any help is appreciated, thanks. for sure i will share my app with all the community if it works!

·
Registered
53 Posts
my bike display has suddenly faulted a couple of weeks ago, after the shocking EUR 750 request from my dealer i decided to buy the ELM327 and the cable, and i'm starting writing an android app to replace my display.

Does anyone knows where i can find a guide to read rpm, speed, temp and other messages from the ECU (m3c, the same of the scrambler, so this applies to your forum) I am assuming they will be standard OBD2 messages, but i'm still a newbie on this technology..

any help is appreciated, thanks. for sure i will share my app with all the community if it works!
That's terrible the display failed, any idea what happened? It really wouldn't be covered under warranty? Good luck with the app, that'd be pretty cool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's terrible the display failed, any idea what happened? It really wouldn't be covered under warranty? Good luck with the app, that'd be pretty cool.
LCD display doesn't work at all after first spring startup. Seems that this failure is not so uncommon..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts