Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know anything about this so I'm just going with what I'm reading online...

Does anyone know if this OBD II scanner

OBD2 Scanner Car Diagnostic Code Reader - m.tmart.com

will show actual error codes if used in conjunction with the 4 pin to OBD2 Diagnostic adapter connector for DUCATI Panigale? Or will I just see gibberish?

Thank you.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alternatively, could someone recommend a decent obd II diagnostic code reader/scanner that can also reset error codes?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can't say anything about compatibility with our bikes, but I've had the Actron CP9135 OBDII AutoScanner for over a decade and its still going strong. It reads and resets codes. The caveat is that these "generic" scanners will only give general codes that shed some light on the problem but you'll have to figure out whats speficially wrong with your vehicle.

For example, if you have a faulty ignition coil, the scanner might give a "P0303: Cylinder 3 Misfire". You'll then have to troubleshoot the spark plug, coil, etc and eventually reach the culprit. A high end scanner made specifically for you vehicle will take out the guesswork, but you'll pay for it upfront.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That T-Mart you posted looks decent, even better than the Actron I recommended. Cant say anything about its durability though, since I've never had one.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That T-Mart you posted looks decent, even better than the Actron I recommended. Cant say anything about its durability though, since I've never had one.
My dad has one so I figured I'd try it but the adapter is still $50 so I'm hoping someone recommends something that works well with our bikes and I can just buy that too.

Thanks for your reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts