Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Rexxer Evo user arrived today, I went to find the obd port and it doesn't look like I expected compared to photos of Scrambler obd access ports online which have the inline 4 pin. Instead it's this square shape pictured.

In the photo the Rexxer cable is on the left. My obd (?) in the middle and right.

Is the desert sled obd access different to the other Scramblers or am I just looking at totally the wrong cable? I didn't see anything similar tucked away but i'm open to the idea that I've cocked it up

Attachments

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
No included manual? (I see the same connector as the one on the left when I search online, but I guess you did that too already...). Do these pics make sense?

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No included manual and nothing other than fairly generic instructions in the pdf.

They are the exact same images I looked at, I was expecting to find that in-line 4 configuration. The cable in my photo is in the same place as the yellow scrambler's too. Kind of hoping it's just the wrong cable I've opened up there but I don't see anything obvious

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok, I'm just an idiot. Ducati Manchester tech kindly told me the correct place to find the OBD interface. It's under the plastic battery cover.

Still doesn't fit though. Looks like maybe it could but the plastic shroud and recess doesn't allow it to.

We'll see if Rexxer respond

EDIT - If you're reading this from the future and had a similar issue then it was indeed the wrong cable from Rexxer, they are sending a new one

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm using the same Rexxer unit as well but can't seem to get it off of this screen when I connect it to my Desert Sled, any advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have, will try to update it again later today though. I sent Rexxer an email so we'll see what they say..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey CH, did you hear back from Rexxer?
I reached out to Rexxer but they wouldn't help me since I bought it from Danielle-Moto. Been talking to them over email for a couple of weeks now but they haven't really been able to help. It's so weird, I really don't know what to do.. might just try to return and buy from a different Rexxer dealer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Surprised at that, I thought Daniele Moto was the Rexxer distributor

Try Alice, she covers the EU side I think but she was very good with me and may be able to help. She's one of the two daughters of Mr Daniele who founded Daniele Moto.

[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts