Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know the OEM Gear Lever Part # or where to buy it? Or where I could find the part # if you have shop service manuals/diagrams? Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howwwwwww did you find that so fast! I've been searching all day haha Thanks Max! I didn't feel like shelling out a load for an aftermarket lever, so figured I'd just replace my bent one from this weekend's mishap with the stock one.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
lol no problem.

I searched for "desert sled shift lever" on ebay, found one, and double checked the part # they mentioned in the Ebay ad.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just confirming for future reference - this is the correct part #! Thanks again Max. I ordered a new one from Ducati Omaha for about $60USD and it arrived in a little under 2 weeks w/free shipping. I was able to bend my original one back into a usable condition so I'll just keep the new on on hand for future use.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Does anyone know if the toe peg is removable and can be replaced with a spring loaded one on the Sled? I’m waiting on transport delivery of a 2018 model and would like to order it in advance if the lever will receive it.
https://amsducati.com/ducabike-ducati-folding-toe-peg
What model did you get?

The DS has a different part number for the actual gear switch lever compared to the other models. That being said, I think the only reason it is different is because the DS is so much taller than the other models, so the angle at which the shift lever sits is different. The funny thing is that the rubber pad that goes on the shift lever is the same across all the models, which leads me to believe that the Ducabike part will fit all models. I will check my CR and see if the peg is removable, which I'm betting it is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the response. It’s a DS. The Ducati adjustable folding tip lever doesn’t fit the DS which seems odd given this bikes off road bias so I have no idea what to expect. Trying to avoid purchasing the expensive SW Motec lever assuming I don’t need adjustability and just want a folding tip.

Follow-up:
I looked up the gear lever part number on the link provided above and the toe peg doesn’t appear to be replaceable.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for the response. It’s a DS. The Ducati adjustable folding tip lever doesn’t fit the DS which seems odd given this bikes off road bias so I have no idea what to expect. Trying to avoid purchasing the expensive SW Motec lever assuming I don’t need adjustability and just want a folding tip.

Follow-up:
I looked up the gear lever part number on the link provided above and the toe peg doesn’t appear to be replaceable.
Just checked my stock lever. It appears that the 'peg' is pressed into the shift lever. You could probably have it drilled/pressed out, but there is no guarantee that the springy peg will be the same diameter.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just to clarify which has already been confirmed - the Toe Peg is not replaceable on the DS shift lever - it's welded onto the arm itself. Also, when you purchase a new shift lever, it does not come with the rubber protector. You'd have to purchase a new one, or take the one off your old lever and install on the new one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts