Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking at the manual of my new motorcycle and I can not find how to disconnect the ABS. There is no RQ option from earlier versions.
Peculiarly, the manual says that if you move around muddy lands, it is preferable to disconnect the ABS, but there is no option.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I asked this question when I bought mine. The ducati dealer worker told me that in the Euro4 homolgated ducati scramblers (at least icon and FT) that option is no longer available. He said that if you really wanted to, you could remove a fuse to achieve this but I guess we really don't want to do that.

If you find out this is not true, please let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
CTPAXCBYAX
I see this info in
Ducati Scrambler 2019: nuevas versiones Full Throttle, Café Racer y Desert Sled

About DS:
Manteniendo el espíritu del modelo off-road de Scrambler, para el 2019 se ha incluido un modo específico en su ABS para uso no asfaltico. El Riding Mode Off Road, que así se llama, desconecta el ABS, dándole más libertad a la rueda trasera.

Maintaining the spirit of Scrambler's off-road model, by 2019 a specific mode has been included in its ABS for non-asphalt use. The Riding Mode Off Road, as it is called, disconnects the ABS, giving more freedom to the rear wheel.

Maybe, is an activated switch in electronics.

Another option, i think, is cut the wire on the wheel abs sensor, this make an error on start test and disconnect ABS... Standard function (with no ABS) will remain.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
No one's gonig to cut wires on a new bike I guess....

I'm sure if it can be diasabled, the how is in the user manual.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m in the process of trying to figure out how to wire the ABS fuse so I can shut it on and off. People have done it on other bikes such as the V-strom so I’m reading through forums to see what I can do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ve gone through the owners manual and the 2019 models do not have the option to switch off the ABS. I tried looking for a service manual but was unable to find one for the 2019 icon. My dealer also told me that removing a fuse was a simple solution so I figured there had to be a way to wire it so that I can do it with the flick of a switch. I’m far from starting though and will definitely be cautious.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Not the 2019 - but the 1100

The manual on one of the final pages - says ABS can be disabled - but no where in the manual does it tell you how....

You can turn off the TCS system.... maybe that also disables ABS??

upload_2019-6-12_6-54-52.png

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'd be surprised if removing a fuse did not bring up a warning on the cluster. If removing the fuse is a harmless and routine workaround you could put a switch either side of said fuse.
Or you could leave ABS on and get a proper trail bike for dirt/mud.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not good news:
If we remove the 10-amp ABS fuse, when starting the motorcycle, a warning appears, the yellow ABS light is fixed, and the tachometer marks - - - instead of 0.
This means that Ducati has taken advantage of the ABS sensor to determine the speed of the motorcycle.

There is another fuse called Motor ABS, 25 amp. It may be this one that needs to be removed.

Also attached is an image of the manual, in Spanish, where it says clearly:

"If you are going through muddy terrain, it is recommended to disable the ABS device, why the use of the device under these conditions could present an unexpected fault"

Also, says...

"A long Weeellie?¿? can disable the ABS"

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Then live with it.
Or no...

Finally I have tried to disconnect the 25A fuse called "ABS motor", now the tachometer marks 0, there is no warning signal, and the ABS light is fixed in yellow. See images.
In the initial moment, ABS light is intermittent if everything is correct, and it turns off when we start to run. In this case, with the 25A disconnected fuse, the light is kept fixed indicating the fault of the ABS, and therefore its disconnection.
The easy solution is to put a serial switch of this fuse and deactivate the ABS at our will.

IMG-0181.JPG
IMG-0182.JPG
IMG-0183.JPG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you!
This is very, very helpful.

Or no...

Finally I have tried to disconnect the 25A fuse called "ABS motor", now the tachometer marks 0, there is no warning signal, and the ABS light is fixed in yellow. See images.
In the initial moment, ABS light is intermittent if everything is correct, and it turns off when we start to run. In this case, with the 25A disconnected fuse, the light is kept fixed indicating the fault of the ABS, and therefore its disconnection.
The easy solution is to put a serial switch of this fuse and deactivate the ABS at our will.

View attachment 40079 View attachment 40081 View attachment 40083
k

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think that's what I said.
I'd still get a proper trail bike if you are riding off road to an extent where ABS would be a problem. (and you're probably not)
I saw a GSXR750 with knobbies once.
Once....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 48 Posts