Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exhaust are you going to get for your Scrambler? Are you going to leave it stock, or are you going to pipe that thing up?

Who is going to make the Scrambler sound the best?
Arrow?
Two Bros Racing?
Yoshimura?
Akrapovic?

Be sure to post videos so we can hear them all!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm usually a leave it stock kind of guy only because in California there is a pending law that hasn't been enacted yet that gives you a violation of 1,000.00 if you get ticketed with any exhaust that doesn't have the federal approval stamp on it which as far as I know none of the aftermarket have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in NoCal also. I would say as long as rider don't do anything stupid/crazy on the road, it will be fine. I have full termi on my 848 and never had a problem w it. so was with other bike I had, always put on aftermarket exhaust.
Even though there are people getting pull over for speeding, other violation, it's rarely you get a ticket for the exhaust.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am trying to understand the design of the exhaust. This is my take on it. I could be way off.
I believe the slip on Termi mufflers will be very quite because they have to pass all the tests. Looking at the Termis they are fairly short in length.
And of course all the models have Cats.
I used to own a Ducati S4R which had a "pre - silencer" fitted. Sometimes known as the "udder". This was a large chamber that both header pipes went through before the actual mufflers. It also contained the Cat.
I think I can see some sort of a box or chamber under the motor/swingarm area. You have to really look for it on different pictures. This could be the same pre-silencer/cat chamber idea as used on the S4R.
If I'm right then to fit a nice sounding "termi" system we will need to bypass that chamber. This could mean new header pipes but keep the original termi mufflers.
Just a guess.
Let The Good Times Roll - Ray.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You have to know that all the usual suspects will be showing up in force to represent on the scrambler,,,,so i think after prehaps 8 months to a year there will be several to choose from ,,,and considering getting rid of the huge box under the bike not only the weight loss which i think will be more than substantial,,,the center of gravity will rise in the bike and it will become noticibly more agile,,,i did the system on my r1150r bmw not too long ago and the difference in the handling was remarkable,,,,

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah so do I. Hoping for a full system with the split termis of the full throttle.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've never run into quality problems with termignoni ,,, just the expense,,, but all the good pipes out there are steep in my opinion,,, I may just go stainless with mine because it will see a few trails here and there

·
Registered
834 Posts
I've never run into quality problems with termignoni ,,, just the expense,,, but all the good pipes out there are steep in my opinion,,, I may just go stainless with mine because it will see a few trails here and there
Don't get me wrong they are not rubbish but in the 3 sets I have had on 3 bikes the biggest problem was they were welded with a hint of tilt which seems to be a trait with most of my fellow friends bikes too. Not the biggest issue in the world , call it character but the expense of them is getting way too much just because you buy a tweaked ECU with it. Now I have friends now who buy a cheaper possibly better looking system and get the ecu remapped for a lot less. I may go that route as I look at the Termi system on the Full throttle and it looks like it may have the full catalyser still so will be heavy and states road legal so may also be muted. Could almost be the same as stock. I wait for more news on that one. I don't want LOUD as ran the Termi's on the Monster 1100S with baffles in for 5 years as must be getting old but they were so much lighter and a nicer sound.
Theres a company near to me Campbell Exhausts who make stainless pipes for bikes and sometimes when new bikes come out he asks for a donor to make them. I quite like them apart from the rolled end but they are a possibity and they tend to do dual stacked which suits. Prices around £3-400 for a average.

here's a link
Campbell Custom Exhausts Custom 1-off systems Stainless Steel motor cycle exhaust systems to your specifications

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice looking ,, looks like decent quality,,, not a big fan of the low double silencers,, not only the weight but for the scrambler I wanted a single high pipe/silencer combo,,, and if the "name" brands are really crazy money I'll have one made,,, my current dualsport has a custom system and it was less expensive than an fmf pipe and fit better and lighter as well,,, I may go that route on the scrambler

·
Registered
834 Posts
I get your digging and its very Armoury in a cool way. Still gonna burn your inside leg big time. Very nice and shiney too. Im loving all this range of products buts its all getting difficult to choose and expensive window shopping. Who can blame them though. I reckon had I not promised my other bike parts from the monster I could have used the carbon front sprocket cover and the generator cable wiring cover in carbon and stainless would have fitted too. Doh !

1 - 20 of 396 Posts