Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
965 Posts
I'm usually a leave it stock kind of guy only because in California there is a pending law that hasn't been enacted yet that gives you a violation of 1,000.00 if you get ticketed with any exhaust that doesn't have the federal approval stamp on it which as far as I know none of the aftermarket have.

· Registered
965 Posts
Danmoto XG-1
Very light, very loud. I like it.
Very easy to fit, and so much lighter again than even the Termi.
Termi Race MAP installed so will see how it goes after a bit of a run, sounds and seems to have a snapier throttle response.
Not sure why open pipes appeal to anyone but whatever floats your boat I guess. Where I live you would be lynched for making that much noise not matter what was making it.

· Registered
965 Posts
On the track or other areas where you're not waking people up or setting off everyone's car alarm is not the problem since that's an area where it's ok. In my entire life in California I have never seen or been myself pulled over for noise when believe me I've seen and heard plenty that should have.

It's the people that think it's funny to race down a residential street to see how many car alarms they can set off that should be pulled over. I also would mention that a loud exhaust on a long ride is physically tiring to yourself and your mates riding with you. California may have tougher emissions rules than most but honestly for noise most police seem to look the other way.

· Registered
965 Posts
Quote< In my entire life in California I have never seen or been myself pulled over for noise when believe me I've seen and heard plenty that should have.>
Yep,
I should tell you, I think the "too loud" reason for being pulled over in LA was just an excuse,,,,,,,,,,,

The fact that I was gunning the bike, pulling a wheelie, completely naked, drunk as a monkey, and flying an Aussie flag down Santa Monica Boulevard at Midday on a Sunday may also have had something to do with the encounter !
(Just kidding Dave, but I hope you have a laugh, )

Cheers Mate.
What made me laugh was "pulling a wheelie" unless you had a ramp you could never do that on what you were riding :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts