Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
361 - 380 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
So after driving my 45 minute ride home, I come home to find that Fed ex made the first and apparent final attempt to deliver my long awaited package from Italy. So I got back in the car and drove 40 minutes back, as Fed ex is not far from my work, and was elated to see what I was hoping the slip on the door was for. I had no idea as the seller never sent a shipping update. And then drove 40 minutes back home. Ugh.

However when I opened up the boxes, all was right in the world. Wrapping of headers with titanium wrap and exhaust install will commence!!

Text Font
Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Auto part Muffler Pipe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello All!

I am reaching out to everyone on this thread for some advice. I recently purchased a 2018 Desert Sled and I am HOOKED.
I've had it about 2 months now and already 1500 miles! :)

Just a little bit about me, I am Deaf, so I am looking for some pipes that are gonna be LOUD. I like the deep vibrational sounds.

Can anyone recommend a good loud pipe?

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hello All!

I am reaching out to everyone on this thread for some advice. I recently purchased a 2018 Desert Sled and I am HOOKED.

Just a little bit about me, I am Deaf, so I am looking for some pipes that are gonna be LOUD. I like the deep vibrational sounds.

There's many options to choose from and most will allow you to remove the db-killer but some places have Police that will pull you over if your pipes are too loud, do a db check and ticket you, so keep that in mind.

I have a Zard Zuma Dark, db-killer in, and I love it. It's throaty, rumbly and loud enough that my helmet speakers on max are not loud enough for my music :D Also, if you're changing the exhaust, keep in mind that remap or fuel injection management system should be installed...doesn't need to be, but should be :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello All!

You gotta check out the DanMoto XG1

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fake SC Project exhaust. Had to trim it down a bit and weld on an exhaust spring hanger. Also sanded off the SC Project logo. Skip to 5:18 to hear the exhaust.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hello All!

Any of the exhausts (most of them) that remove catalytic converter and don’t have a resonator are significantly louder.

The SC Project CRT exhaust is probably one of the loudest, as it’s very short. Shorter, the louder pretty much.

My full Akrapovic system is much louder than the SC Project Conic I had on my last Scrambler too. Think the titanium increases the noise.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello All!

Akrapovic slip-ons with baffle removed.
Harley guys get drowned out by these puppies.

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yes, I had the Termi. on my 800 and it growled, popped, farted and every other sound it could make and all on the overrun or as you say the engine brake. Don’t worry about it just get some earplugs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much . I noticed that changing the engine oil brand ( a cheaper one like akron instead of motul ) and lowering the gasoline octanes to 87 the pipe farts are significant louder wich I liked . Do you think this may harm my engine ? Thanks again

·
Registered
908 Posts
The oil should be ok but I don’t know that particular brand. The octane of the fuel could be a problem, I’m no expert but 87 seems very low. In the U.K. I’m considering changing to 97 to see if my bike runs any better.

·
Registered
121 Posts
In the manual Ducati recommends minimum 90 octane. Below that, there may be detonation (very bad) and they ECU may retard the timing to compensate, with a subsequent reduction in engine power.

361 - 380 of 400 Posts