Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
381 - 400 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Leovince GP style,
a great note, however without a right map you will get tons of backfire and not ideal if you are doing any offroad riding (could change the mounting differently to be suitable), this can belong to a FT so not quite fit on any DS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Can't seem to find any posts about the "Termignoni raised type-approved silencer" for the Desert Sled.

In fact, couldn't find anything on YouTube about it either. I'm obviously wondering how it sounds. If anyone has come across of a video clip anywhere that shows how this exhaust sounds and/or is mounted, please, share!

Anyway, is it supposed to be a loud exhaust sort of like the Termi's race line slip-on exhaust? Or is it just like the stock on Desert Sled, only raised higher?

Then, while I was searching the forum I discovered a number of threads where people had have Termi race slip-on exhausts rattle (repeatedly even after replacement) only after a short while in use and Ducati doing less then excellent job of responding to warranty claims.

I am wondering if all Termi pipes (this raised type silencer, high-mounted race exhaust, etc.) are built kind of shitty and if they're worth the money? Or are we just seeing the bad experience reports that are statistically negligible?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh, just to clarify I don't like very loud exhausts but I'm also not a fan of the muted sound that the stock exhaust on DS seems to produce. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Any advice out there on Termi's?

I am thinking of spending close to $2K CAD to put the Ducati Termi's on my 2019 CR - as shown in the picture from their online configurator. I love the look of the Termi, but don't see much mention of them here.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Spend half that and go with the Akra.

Reactions: CrabbyErmine

·
Registered
908 Posts
Sorry forgot to add that I chose the Akra’s for my 1100. For me they are a very pleasant sound deep and throaty, whereas the Termi was more of a “rasp”.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I just installed an arrow race exhaust on my 2017 desert sled, and holy god.. Its loud.
I've owned ducati's for about 15 years now, and i've had Termi's on all of them. From a 916 monster to a 1100 Hypermotard.
Nothing has been as loud as this. Even my buddies Harley with some screaming eagle thing on it, gets drowned out.

So if you want loud. Like obscenely loud. Get one of these.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So I just installed an arrow race exhaust on my 2017 desert sled, and holy god.. Its loud.
I've owned ducati's for about 15 years now, and i've had Termi's on all of them. From a 916 monster to a 1100 Hypermotard.
Nothing has been as loud as this. Even my buddies Harley with some screaming eagle thing on it, gets drowned out.

So if you want loud. Like obscenely loud. Get one of these. View attachment 44684
Love it...thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2019 Cafe Racer
23 Posts
Leovince GP style,
a great note, however without a right map you will get tons of backfire and not ideal if you are doing any offroad riding (could change the mounting differently to be suitable), this can belong to a FT so not quite fit on any DS.
View attachment 44271
I was looking at this same exhaust for my 2019 Cafe Racer. Still on the fence but it's in my top 3. How's it doing so far?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Zard low sounds and looks amazing. Termi race is a great sounding and looking exhaust but too common (i have both zard and termi) and all the twins are too busy in my opinion. View attachment 38795 View attachment 38797
Hi Armo,

Can you tell me which one you like better and which one is louder? I like these two, but I haven’t decided which one to have. I am also worried about performance.

Thanks,
Long

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fit a ZARD High if you don’t have a right leg… it’s stupid but it looks cool… it’s literally as wide as the foot pegs I don’t know how you would go riding this on the road without wrapping your leg in asbestos..
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive parking light

381 - 400 of 400 Posts