Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
401 - 407 of 407 Posts

· Registered
2022 Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark
8 Posts
Hi to everyone! Im new to the motorcycle world and Im looking for some help choosing the best slip-on exhaust for my 2022 Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark. For the moment, the two slip-on exhaust that I like the sound and the looks is the SC Project CR-T and the Competition Werkes. The thing its that I read a post here on the forum that someone install the SC Project CR-T slip-on on their Icon and ended up removing it because he was having problems... the bike was running to lean and even with the AFM Installation, he can not setup the bike to run good. If that is the case Im going to discard that exhaust... If that is the case, I want to know if for the Competition Werkes slip-on exhaust I have to remap my bike. Any help would be great!

BTW If anyone have another recommendation in terms of slip-on exhausts for my 2022 Icon, please let me know.

Thanks

· Registered
862 Posts
Hi to everyone! Im new to the motorcycle world and Im looking for some help choosing the best slip-on exhaust for my 2022 Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark. For the moment, the two slip-on exhaust that I like the sound and the looks is the SC Project CR-T and the Competition Werkes. The thing its that I read a post here on the forum that someone install the SC Project CR-T slip-on on their Icon and ended up removing it because he was having problems... the bike was running to lean and even with the AFM Installation, he can not setup the bike to run good. If that is the case Im going to discard that exhaust... If that is the case, I want to know if for the Competition Werkes slip-on exhaust I have to remap my bike. Any help would be great!

BTW If anyone have another recommendation in terms of slip-on exhausts for my 2022 Icon, please let me know.

Thanks

There is no slip-on option for these bikes.
the catalytic converter and muffler are all one piece.

So any exhaust swap is a de-cat and drastically alters the flow properties of the exhaust. Some people get away with not remapping the bike’s ECU but it’s highly recommended you do. It’s more than likely the bike will run badly with it.

Just have a scroll back through this thread to see all the options.

· Registered
8 Posts
There is no slip-on option for these bikes.
the catalytic converter and muffler are all one piece.

So any exhaust swap is a de-cat and drastically alters the flow properties of the exhaust. Some people get away with not remapping the bike’s ECU but it’s highly recommended you do. It’s more than likely the bike will run badly with it.

Just have a scroll back through this thread to see all the options.
Thanks for the help! Any recommendations in terms of re-mapping? Im new to this sorry for ask soo much lol!

· Registered
862 Posts
Thanks for the help! Any recommendations in terms of re-mapping? Im new to this sorry for ask soo much lol!
no problem. Not sure what is available in your area but anywhere with a rolling road that does custom tunes is a good place to ask, I know the newer bikes have different ECU’s to the older ones so model year does make s difference.

Companies like Rexxer have offered pre-made maps you can have loaded in by any place with the computer or you’ve been able to buy the computer yourself for about 3x the cost.

the best solution though, is always a custom tune on a dyno.

· Registered
8 Posts
no problem. Not sure what is available in your area but anywhere with a rolling road that does custom tunes is a good place to ask, I know the newer bikes have different ECU’s to the older ones so model year does make s difference.

Companies like Rexxer have offered pre-made maps you can have loaded in by any place with the computer or you’ve been able to buy the computer yourself for about 3x the cost.

the best solution though, is always a custom tune on a dyno.
Thanks a lot for the info bro! I really appreciated.

· Registered
624 Posts
Personally I've been running a slip on and k&n filter with no tune for 15k miles now. I've got 18k on the bike. It did run less good at first. And a tune would definitely improve it. But for me it's fine. I'll eventually change the cams and tune it. But unless you are constantly and I mean constantly wringing its guts. You will more than likely be fine. But no guarantees

401 - 407 of 407 Posts