Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am signing up for an adventure bike off-road 2 day school because my experience is pretty limited. And I realize my street gear will likely not be sufficient. So I am asking for ideas for pants and jerseys, lids, gloves, armor, and so forth.

As far as lids, I tried a few premium lids and the Shoei Hornet X2 fit the best. But it is seriously expensive. Is that the best option or are there others?

For jerseys I am leaning to the klim mojave pro as I hope to do some light offroading come winter also. But other ideas are also welcome.

No clue for pants especially since I only have a 29 inch inseam.

For gloves I initially wanted to use my summer Helds but they just split at the seams so I will be mailing them back under warranty. I do have some summer bmw gloves but they fit funny and have no armor.

Got a free pair of boots from TCX, their entry level adventure Drifter model, and will try to use them...and hope they are indeed waterproof.

All personal thoughts and ideas welcome.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Need some additional info...
Where do you ride, how hot is it? You want to look like a motocrosser or adv rider? There is gear for each.
There are many different ways of gearing up, and each person will tell you their way is best.
Summer gear will be different than winter gear (obviously). A Camelback to hydrate is a smart move also.
Having multiple pieces of gear can be expensive to cover your needs.

Oh, set your DS suspension to the off road settings for the best compliance.

To add.... Compression shorts (or long ones) armor of some type. Compression top (over or under gear) armor, and something that allows windflow when its hot, but you also need sun protection if you are out all day.
Knee/shinguards under your motocross pants (should you go this style). I am not a fan of over pants as they are hot, add bulk and are tough to store on your bike should it be hot.
Do your research.

Among others...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I am planning on light offroad, mostly sand, gravel, fire roads, and probably not single track yet.

As for temps, I will try to go all season but the class is mid september. Looks I am likely thinking adventure, was checking out the insanely expensive rukka airall pants and jacket, cried when I saw the pricetag. Those pants fit me, and that is rare.

Saw the fox racing stuff and it looked cool but as I am likely riding to the class, will need more street oriented gear, hence adv.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts