Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw another member from a different forum get word that the front fork cartridges will be available in the USA in November or December. I'm thinking I'l wait until then and do both front and rear at the same time.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Why not give SBKen a call Dave, I'm sure he'll sort you out with a good price etc, :) Ogre had his suspension fitted by Ken ,
Yeah that seems on par with most of the current options available price-wise. Lol, it just means when I can finally AFFORD it, I'll have more options to decide between! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Lady ! If I was you I'd get SBKen or a n other, to supply you with the rear shock first, that way you can sort the rear out to your liking , and then purchase the front Andreani cartridges at a later date,

Don't try and fit them yourself, it's not as easy as it looks , :rolleyes:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't want to sound stupid, but is SBKen a member or?.. When the time comes I'll take what ever good price I can since this is a major investment in a 9,000.00 bike.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
This is just a happy sorta rumor. Swedish techs while visiting America last month have said that they might want to do a Scrambler cartridge. They said next year. I was with them for meetings and training and it wasn't even a bullet point. That's is all the non-official word on the matter. Just wait and see. A few months before release a official memo will be sent for a release date.

One person posts on another forum and it burns like wild fire. The price will more than likely be $1300. That is the standard Ohlins Cartridge price for this type of application.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This seems like its going to be quite a ways from happening if an actual authorized dealer/service center is not aware of it yet. Hope they make it as they make swell products. However, there are other options, depending on where you are.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I see the fact the forks are so hard to disassemble as being the biggest factor for the Big "O" not to come out with a cartridge. Then add to the fact that Andreani already has a cartridge option for the bike on the market. They usually don't cross compete. Then add in the $1300 cost for a 30mm cartridge.
The cartridge that I'm offering is $1150 and the price offsets any international shipping costs. It is based on 25mm technology that the big "O" pioneered. Either way. If a 30mm cartridge is offered I will sell them. I like giving people options. Just as long as the options are realistic in performance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts