Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's starting to snow here in Alberta so I guess it's time to winterize my bike. I already have fuel stabilizer and a trickle charger ready to go. Before I go ahead with that I wanted to change my oil. I want to hear which filters everyone uses and oil brand. And any other tips they have for winterization. Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Get the popcorn ready for all the answers. ;)

I use the Ducati oil kit that has the Ducati filter and the Shell 15W50 oil. It is the same kit (same oil and filter) as the one for my XDiavel, so I always have spares on hand for either bike. I keep a battery tender on all of my motorcycles all year long. I use a fuel stabilizer during the winter, and keep the tires off the concrete floor. I rotate the tires a bit every few weeks. I also AVOID starting the bike every once in a while during the winter. All that does is increase wear on the motor since most of your oil has drained off the key parts (cam/valves...). Just let it sit and start it up in the spring. I also seal the paint/body (last cleanup of the year), wax the chain, and cover the motorcycle.

Your mileage may vary. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts