Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am in Abit of a jam. I got the oil plug out and it is shiped! I'm gonna have to ride the bike home. Calls the dealer, he suggested to crack the magnet of. Alternative cut the end of the holder pin off and slide the magnet of. But the mechanic how did the last oil change oboulsy used it as it is. I can't imagine that the magnet chipped in the motor. What would you guys do? Use it as it is or take the magnet of and get a new plug for the next oil change.
See video.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Install a new one.

But you want to know when it cracked. I’d assume it cracked last time it was removed (and fell in the catch pan).magnets are typically kind of brittle.

But you want to be sure...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
W
Hi, I am in Abit of a jam. I got the oil plug out and it is shiped! I'm gonna have to ride the bike home. Calls the dealer, he suggested to crack the magnet of. Alternative cut the end of the holder pin off and slide the magnet of. But the mechanic how did the last oil change oboulsy used it as it is. I can't imagine that the magnet chipped in the motor. What would you guys do? Use it as it is or take the magnet of and get a new plug for the next oil change.
See video.

Whoever changed the oil last time probably dropped on the floor because it was quite hot etc etc. you can imagine the story.
It doesn't look like it will disintegrate anytime soon and if it did it will remain stuck to the pin like the debris it's meant to catch anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
W

Whoever changed the oil last time probably dropped on the floor because it was quite hot etc etc. you can imagine the story.
It doesn't look like it will disintegrate anytime soon and if it did it will remain stuck to the pin like the debris it's meant to catch anyway.
God point, that the magnet will stick to the pin anyway. And yes I'm pretty certain that the mechanic drop it like you suggested.
But I actually followed the dealers advise, and smashed the magnet off with a hammer. I guess I can make a swift shift when the oil is cool for a new oilplugg. Maybe with it smashed off if the off chance there is a peace of magnet left in the bike it will have a better chance off sticking to a all metall pin.
Tanks for your input guys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Find a new dealer, serious.
Yes I will (Doing it my self now). It was pretty frustrating when I speaked to them about the oilplugg and he only said it is a cheap part. Well why didn't he suggested give me one for free. Or better why didn't they just put a new one in from the start. And he could atleast apologise and tell me if they put it in chipped so I don't have to worry it's left in the motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts