Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized my earlier rant about how upset I was that something was wrong with my new Scrambler was completely wrong and unfounded. (Drum roll).....The button that I thought was the high beam switch was in fact the trip meter reset for the control panel.

I was going through the manual and the description while not entirely clear from the drawing made me call the dealer and ask. To my delight and surprise I found that the actual flash to pass lever had more then one function and the entire lever moved up and down as well as being able to pull back.

So all the other people I have found on different forums as well having the same issue I thought I was having may not have a problem at all like myself. I was told by the dealer that this was the first time Ducati had used this specific switch design but if that's incorrect I am sure someone will speak up? Anyway I am doing a happy dance that nothing is wrong with my new Scrambler and beg your forgiveness in my previous statements.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I realized my earlier rant about how upset I was that something was wrong with my new Scrambler was completely wrong and unfounded. (Drum roll).....The button that I thought was the high beam switch was in fact the trip meter reset for the control panel.

I was going through the manual and the description while not entirely clear from the drawing made me call the dealer and ask. To my delight and surprise I found that the actual flash to pass lever had more then one function and the entire lever moved up and down as well as being able to pull back.

So all the other people I have found on different forums as well having the same issue I thought I was having may not have a problem at all like myself. I was told by the dealer that this was the first time Ducati had used this specific switch design but if that's incorrect I am sure someone will speak up? Anyway I am doing a happy dance that nothing is wrong with my new Scrambler and beg your forgiveness in my previous statements.
The Diavel is the same, first time I saw it in 2011 threw me a bit too.
There you go, strike a negative off the list, as long as the plus count is greater than the negative one then we're good.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think the new Multi has the same switch. I personally don't like it at all! But the rest of the bike is awesome so i can forgive that ;-)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm not keen on the switches, it's very easy to accidentally knock on the full beam and I find the indicator switch not very positive, but as nuttynick says the rest of the bike makes up for it :)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing you would think the dealer would do, especially when it involves a first time Ducati owner is to point that out to them since I don't believe any other manufacturer utilizes that switch design. It would avoid some bad feelings for a non issue when you have that "new" bike glow and it gets dashed when you think something is wrong but is not.

·
Registered
834 Posts
One thing you would think the dealer would do, especially when it involves a first time Ducati owner is to point that out to them since I don't believe any other manufacturer utilizes that switch design. It would avoid some bad feelings for a non issue when you have that "new" bike glow and it gets dashed when you think something is wrong but is not.
Mine went through all that stuff even the screen function. I forgot most of it wanting to just ride it

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't understanding deviating from the somewhat universal way all motorcycles work. Then again I own vintage Vespas and a 1970s BMW so I'm no stranger to doing things in weird ways. I especially love turn signal switches that flip up and down instead of left and right.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It could have been worse if they used the shyte older BMW design with a switch either side for right/left indicator.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now for my next question, The manual specifically states on the USA version at least that there is a connector under the seat to use with Ducati's battery maintenance kit that I sure don't see on mine. It's on page 152 and has a diagram to show you where its supposed to be but I don't see it looking at mine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Now for my next question, The manual specifically states on the USA version at least that there is a connector under the seat to use with Ducati's battery maintenance kit that I sure don't see on mine. It's on page 152 and has a diagram to show you where its supposed to be but I don't see it looking at mine.
I saw no such thing on mine, and I've even replaced my battery already with a lithium one (7 pounds lighter) and installed my own battery tender connector.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats what I will end of doing but after I check with the dealer since the manual makes a point of stating "Any other battery maintenance products may void the warranty" but at 80.00 vs a battery tender it sounds like they just want to scare you into buying theirs.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I believe it is tucked up into the left side pillion grab handle. Reach up underneath like you are sitting on the back of the seat. You should be able to feel it and pull it out. That's where I found it on mine. Kind of hard to see, but here are a few pics for reference.
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
365 Posts
I believe it is tucked up into the left side pillion grab handle. Reach up underneath like you are sitting on the back of the seat. You should be able to feel it and pull it out. That's where I found it on mine. Kind of hard to see, but here are a few pics for reference.
Very interesting! I'll have to look at mine when I get home today.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, I'll take a look, that connector looks like the one that would work with a Battery Tender as well? or is that Ducati only?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't understanding deviating from the somewhat universal way all motorcycles work. Then again I own vintage Vespas and a 1970s BMW so I'm no stranger to doing things in weird ways. I especially love turn signal switches that flip up and down instead of left and right.
Vintage vespas and weird ways... i agree with you there! I own 3 smallframes... no need to explain!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts