Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grabbed my original box from the skip to make some wall art. Originally I was going to use the whole side of the carton as wallpaper as such but my garage cannot really have that much size so I grabbed one of my clip frames I have from old work advertising now redundant and cut the DUCATI SCRAMBLER to the same size. Got some cheap kiddies paint and a brush and took on the painstaking job going around the letters. One coat down and allowing to dry and thus far so good. The other frame will hold the original label bar code and the bike pic and any related scrambler pics I may take or have likes from the advertising or the cheapo scrambler dealer brochure.

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
I really like that! It looks great! I dig the roughed up lettering. Have you thought about taping off the letters with some painter's tape? That might go a little faster.

What are you using for the frame?!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its on the wall. TBH I couldn't be bothered to do another coat. Its kind of rough and patchy and looks good enough. The frame was painted black and have another frame ready to go next to it on the left down wards with some pictures and the package bar code address ticket and the dealer brochures in it. Missus loves it and just going to paint the garage wall bright yellow too at the front. Why not I say, if you can its ok. Garage much tidier too and been in there all day making room for tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Its on the wall. TBH I couldn't be bothered to do another coat. Its kind of rough and patchy and looks good enough. The frame was painted black and have another frame ready to go next to it on the left down wards with some pictures and the package bar code address ticket and the dealer brochures in it. Missus loves it and just going to paint the garage wall bright yellow too at the front. Why not I say, if you can its ok. Garage much tidier too and been in there all day making room for tomorrow afternoon.

Rough and patchy is right. My dealers setting up a Scrambler area and had just plastered the back wall only to find Ducati specify rough chip board lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ask them to save the next one that comes in. Guess I wont sleep tonight then. Helmet and boots by the door for tomorrow. I am hoping the forecast is as they say being relatively dry and reasonable. I don't wish to hack it back down motorway. I want at least to do a tankful of fuel.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Ok Albie, I hope you have a great ride and it stays dry for you, take care and post us a report on your thoughts please, Graham

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

You've been photo bombed by an XT

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Oh yes It likes getting in shot..

This turned into

This

and I have this as original condition. I find it similar to the Scrambler. Its a great bike even with the dents

Scrambler similar to the XT, that's good to hear because that's what I'm hoping for.
I was just saying this afternoon that I hope it's the bike I will say 'no' when asked if I'm selling. I usually keep bikes two or three years and move on to the next bestest thing.
I am known for being anal about certain things, bikes and symmetry to name a couple, but I remember a good few years ago having a Suzuki TS 250 field/woods bike with a well bashed up tank. I wanted to build it back to beautiful but keep the dents. Weird or what. Character I call it, a sort of posh rat bike.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Scrambler similar to the XT, that's good to hear because that's what I'm hoping for.
I was just saying this afternoon that I hope it's the bike I will say 'no' when asked if I'm selling. I usually keep bikes two or three years and move on to the next bestest thing.
I am known for being anal about certain things, bikes and symmetry to name a couple, but I remember a good few years ago having a Suzuki TS 250 field/woods bike with a well bashed up tank. I wanted to build it back to beautiful but keep the dents. Weird or what. Character I call it, a sort of posh rat bike.
My brother had a TS250M when his mates had XT500 's as he never passed his test.
I say its similar but I mean sitting position and agile with wide bars and the offset speedo on mine. TT still underpowered at 30hp but torquey and fun.

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Love the wall art! I like that it is rough and "unfinished." Looks great on the wall. I would personally center it in that space on the wall, but that is just me. I am anal retentive when it comes to that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Love the wall art! I like that it is rough and "unfinished." Looks great on the wall. I would personally center it in that space on the wall, but that is just me. I am anal retentive when it comes to that kind of stuff.
It's having another one down ways to the side full of scrambler stuff that's why I didn't centre it. It deffo would have been otherwise

1 - 20 of 20 Posts