Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm still getting used to this bike, I'm wondering when people are shifting! assuming i want optimal acceleration.

My last bike had no tach and was single cylinder, so i revv'ed the crap out of it before shifting each gear.

I'm rarely looking at the sixty2 tach since i'm used to just going by engine sound. regardless, i'm still curious about the numbers.

of course riding street and highway will have different riding style/shifting, but for example it seems i can hit 50km/h in 1st gear before needing to shift to 2nd, etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This bike does have a great amount of flexibility when it comes to shifting into second gear. I finally have 1200 miles on the bike and don’t have to worry about my revs anymore so today when I rode I made some mental notes for this post. Optimal shift points from 1st to second are from between 27 and 42 km/h, 2nd to 3rd between 42 and 48 (a shorter gear), 3rd - 4th between 56 and 67, and 4-5th between 80 and 91, 5th to 6th around 96km/h but depends on what type of driving I’m doing. I can ride in 5th at 110 km/h if I need to pass someone quickly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think anything under 4K rpm is too low outside pulling away, under around 6500 is good for leisurely acceleration, and over 6500 to about 9k is good for hard acceleration.

Kind of a thread necro but not many English speaking Sixty2 riders around so that’s my take for posterity...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts