Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Booked the awesome Ducati Desert Sled. Took a test ride of 2017, as the dealer said my booking would be the first one in PUNE. Can't wait to unbox and ride home the beast!
I am still unsure what to expect in my Stock Ducati, and what are the absolute necessary Accessories which I should buy.
I can't buy Accessories from Ducati as Importing to India would cost a lot. Was going to look for third parties.
Let me know any good brands I can get in India. And sites I can surf!
Expected Delivery by mid July!

·
Registered
31 Posts
What colour scheme did you go for? hope the next few months fly by for you.
loads of accessories available as a lot of the scrambler accessories are interchangeable. best picking the accessories to the type of riding that you do. will you be doing more touring/local/off road?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered the Sparkling Blue colour. Hopefully it comes and surprises early! I am definitely going to do a little bit of Off Road but before that maybe a couple of months of normal local commute and then a small tour within cities.
Hope to protect the bike if it just falls from stand still. And I guess I will need to order 2-3 inch high shoes as I am 5.10.
Also I felt the heat a lot on the bike, maybe have to learn not to get too close to exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Height not an issue I’m 5.8.
I would not worry too much about dropping the bike as the engine case is narrow and handlebars are wide. I’ve dropped mine 3 times on water crossings with the slime (algae) and only bent the shifter so perhaps a folding shifter would be helpful. The stock shift is steel so slowly bending it back is ok.

if you plan on touring a windscreen would be very helpful. I bought the Touratec and it’s absolutely awesome for wind protection at 120+ mph 😎

Heat off the engine is only an issue if you do not wear riding boots and / pants. I have Dainese Nexus boots and the work very well protecting against heat. With my Alpinestars ankle boots the heat is very noticeable.

One last very necessary accessory is the Evotech radiator guard. I also ride high speed off road and have not suffered a single failure. The bike is VERY reliable!

I also converted the rims to tubeless using Outex.
Cheers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome! Thanks! I shall get the Radiator Guard for sure.
I am already excited for the first fall. Seems like bike falling is a welcome thing for this bike!
So the bike won't crush the legs or anything right?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bike is 450lbs. You can still get hurt but proper gear helps a lot. Also just to clarify I'm on toes or hanging off the Side of the seat motocross style to be comfortably flat foot. Working out the back helps a lot in being able to just lift the bike up by the handle bars after a fall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Strange, Ducati India doesn't have the Desert Sled 2021 in India. Not even a single bike! I guess Ducati is facing production crisis! Or India must not have demand for it!
Strangly Ducati was pushing me for 1100 Pro!
I have no Idea why they call it Scrambler 1100, when it can't Scramble!
Hoping Ducati India get my bike earlier!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Strange, Ducati India doesn't have the Desert Sled 2021 in India. Not even a single bike! I guess Ducati is facing production crisis! Or India must not have demand for it!
Strangly Ducati was pushing me for 1100 Pro!
I have no Idea why they call it Scrambler 1100, when it can't Scramble!
Hoping Ducati India get my bike earlier!
More covid related 'fun' perhaps?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Height not an issue I’m 5.8.
I would not worry too much about dropping the bike as the engine case is narrow and handlebars are wide. I’ve dropped mine 3 times on water crossings with the slime (algae) and only bent the shifter so perhaps a folding shifter would be helpful. The stock shift is steel so slowly bending it back is ok.

if you plan on touring a windscreen would be very helpful. I bought the Touratec and it’s absolutely awesome for wind protection at 120+ mph 😎

Heat off the engine is only an issue if you do not wear riding boots and / pants. I have Dainese Nexus boots and the work very well protecting against heat. With my Alpinestars ankle boots the heat is very noticeable.

One last very necessary accessory is the Evotech radiator guard. I also ride high speed off road and have not suffered a single failure. The bike is VERY reliable!

I also converted the rims to tubeless using Outex.
Cheers!
Moto, which Touratech screen did you get as they don't stock a Desert Sled version.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Moto, which Touratech screen did you get as they don't stock a Desert Sled version.
They do not have it on their website anymore. You may try to call or email them as I do not know if they are making it anymore. It was not cheap I think I paid about 250US$ Direct from Touratech.
Also you may try and see if Ducati is now selling a wind screen for the DS (that may be made by Ducati). The enduro kit for the multistrada is subbed out to touratech and so maybe they have done the DS screen also. Since touratech now makes the enduro kit for Ducati , it is also no longer on the touratech website

·
Registered
77 Posts
I doubt the anti theft kit is going to do a whole lot. If someone wants your bike they can just lift it up and put it on a truck. Best protection is inside storage. A bike cover goes a long way to hide it from prying eyes. Locks on wheels, brakes, brake levers, etc all slow down a theft. Anything that slows them down is going to help.

If you are really concerned , and can't store the bike indoors, you may consider putting the bike in gear and removing the shift lever. Thing like that discourage theft, since it it difficult to roll and ride.

Also, a tracker, like the iTag from apple can be mounted on the bike in a discreet place (under seat?, in foam?)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.