Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Booked the awesome Ducati Desert Sled. Took a test ride of 2017, as the dealer said my booking would be the first one in PUNE. Can't wait to unbox and ride home the beast!
I am still unsure what to expect in my Stock Ducati, and what are the absolute necessary Accessories which I should buy.
I can't buy Accessories from Ducati as Importing to India would cost a lot. Was going to look for third parties.
Let me know any good brands I can get in India. And sites I can surf!
Expected Delivery by mid July!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered the Sparkling Blue colour. Hopefully it comes and surprises early! I am definitely going to do a little bit of Off Road but before that maybe a couple of months of normal local commute and then a small tour within cities.
Hope to protect the bike if it just falls from stand still. And I guess I will need to order 2-3 inch high shoes as I am 5.10.
Also I felt the heat a lot on the bike, maybe have to learn not to get too close to exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome! Thanks! I shall get the Radiator Guard for sure.
I am already excited for the first fall. Seems like bike falling is a welcome thing for this bike!
So the bike won't crush the legs or anything right?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Strange, Ducati India doesn't have the Desert Sled 2021 in India. Not even a single bike! I guess Ducati is facing production crisis! Or India must not have demand for it!
Strangly Ducati was pushing me for 1100 Pro!
I have no Idea why they call it Scrambler 1100, when it can't Scramble!
Hoping Ducati India get my bike earlier!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After I posted this message, I immediately thought of iTag!
Even if its picked up, I can track it easily! And its way cheaper alternative!
That way I can also find the bike in big parking lot!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Bike expected this week, super excited! Showroom offered 20,000INR aprox $300 worth of accessories.
Sales are bad they say due to high bike prices.
Anyways, I will surely be allowed to do a full Unboxing of it! As its the first 2021 model to be sold in my City.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thank you all! Registrations in process now! Out of all Ducati's this one looked the best actually!
Happy with the decision!
Thanks to all Youtubers to help me out in the decision! Yammi Noob, Sagar Shelkar, Bruno one of the select few!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Which accessories did you buy from Ducati? I booked mine, in fact two of us are buying and the delivery is expected in two weeks time.
Congrats on the booking! So far I have only put some tank pads (Stickers like), A Crash guard (Planning to take it off when riding in cities.). Nothing apart from these. Planning to get a Magnetic Tank bag, a Mud guard.
Anything more I try to add I feel I am simply spoiling the Italian Style. Bike simply looks stunning without anything on!
I think after a year or so I would really do most of the modifications.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Ducati showroom people helped me with that as well, suggested which ones I could go with.
I have put the crash guard, but after looking at it, I saw that the handle bar is more wider then the crash guard, so that is not so much useful in cities. When going off road surely you will need Barkbusters, Crash Guards.
Before I got the bike, even I was more like what I would put on the bike to safe guard bike and myself. Then at showroom they told me the insurance will cover everything 100% first year so I could just enjoy the stock bike and learn to ride it very carefully.
I bought bike cover from outside, I think it's Tarmac cover, soft cotton inside and water resistant. New Helmets from Bell, Scrambler Jacket and Ducati Gloves, Orazo shoes. There are many shops in Pune which sell these stuff, so maybe visit nearest superbike accessories store in your city.
1 last thing, I have to put a decent mud guard, and AirTag for theft, spoils the rear jacket and full back seat in rain.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ok that will surely work. But for me that is a bit overkill on style part. I bought a Magnetic tank bag which looks sweet. And put a small patch of Fibre between the number plate and mudguard to avoid getting the water inside. And that is removable very easily. Biking Superstore did it for me here. Where are you from?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Did some serious Off roading! And it fell! Still learning!
Also No need for anti theft, Android and iPhones both have cheap trackers which could be used. However the weight of bike makes it really very difficult to steal! They will need a group of people with a truck to load it on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.