Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thank you all! Registrations in process now! Out of all Ducati's this one looked the best actually!
Happy with the decision!
Thanks to all Youtubers to help me out in the decision! Yammi Noob, Sagar Shelkar, Bruno one of the select few!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Which accessories did you buy from Ducati? I booked mine, in fact two of us are buying and the delivery is expected in two weeks time.
Congrats on the booking! So far I have only put some tank pads (Stickers like), A Crash guard (Planning to take it off when riding in cities.). Nothing apart from these. Planning to get a Magnetic Tank bag, a Mud guard.
Anything more I try to add I feel I am simply spoiling the Italian Style. Bike simply looks stunning without anything on!
I think after a year or so I would really do most of the modifications.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on the booking! So far I have only put some tank pads (Stickers like), A Crash guard (Planning to take it off when riding in cities.). Nothing apart from these. Planning to get a Magnetic Tank bag, a Mud guard.
Anything more I try to add I feel I am simply spoiling the Italian Style. Bike simply looks stunning without anything on!
I think after a year or so I would really do most of the modifications.
Thats nice. Yes the stock bike looks stunning, can't wait to get my hands on it. I do want to get the basic protection though. Any recommendations to get these from (third party ones)?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Ducati showroom people helped me with that as well, suggested which ones I could go with.
I have put the crash guard, but after looking at it, I saw that the handle bar is more wider then the crash guard, so that is not so much useful in cities. When going off road surely you will need Barkbusters, Crash Guards.
Before I got the bike, even I was more like what I would put on the bike to safe guard bike and myself. Then at showroom they told me the insurance will cover everything 100% first year so I could just enjoy the stock bike and learn to ride it very carefully.
I bought bike cover from outside, I think it's Tarmac cover, soft cotton inside and water resistant. New Helmets from Bell, Scrambler Jacket and Ducati Gloves, Orazo shoes. There are many shops in Pune which sell these stuff, so maybe visit nearest superbike accessories store in your city.
1 last thing, I have to put a decent mud guard, and AirTag for theft, spoils the rear jacket and full back seat in rain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ducati showroom people helped me with that as well, suggested which ones I could go with.
I have put the crash guard, but after looking at it, I saw that the handle bar is more wider then the crash guard, so that is not so much useful in cities. When going off road surely you will need Barkbusters, Crash Guards.
Before I got the bike, even I was more like what I would put on the bike to safe guard bike and myself. Then at showroom they told me the insurance will cover everything 100% first year so I could just enjoy the stock bike and learn to ride it very carefully.
I bought bike cover from outside, I think it's Tarmac cover, soft cotton inside and water resistant. New Helmets from Bell, Scrambler Jacket and Ducati Gloves, Orazo shoes. There are many shops in Pune which sell these stuff, so maybe visit nearest superbike accessories store in your city.
1 last thing, I have to put a decent mud guard, and AirTag for theft, spoils the rear jacket and full back seat in rain.
Thank you! Very helpful.

Ducati told me to get the mount for the top box. It prevents the back of the jacket and the seat from getting dirty in rain... and it helps for luggage mounting (of course!).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ok that will surely work. But for me that is a bit overkill on style part. I bought a Magnetic tank bag which looks sweet. And put a small patch of Fibre between the number plate and mudguard to avoid getting the water inside. And that is removable very easily. Biking Superstore did it for me here. Where are you from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok that will surely work. But for me that is a bit overkill on style part. I bought a Magnetic tank bag which looks sweet. And put a small patch of Fibre between the number plate and mudguard to avoid getting the water inside. And that is removable very easily. Biking Superstore did it for me here. Where are you from?

Am from Bangalore. Bike delivery expected by mid of next week.

Being a cyclist earlier, I used to put really thin, plastic fenders with zip ties, to ride in the rain. I think these should fill in the gap between the rear fender and the numberplate holder, thus preventing the water and rain to splash upwards. These are really thin plastic sheet ones, that you can also cut with a pair of scissors to suit the shape and size. Will try this out when I get the bike, if successful, will post the pictures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congratulations on your Ducati buddy. Looks absolutely stunning.
Quick question. Any update on the anti theft / security? That is the only thing holding me back from booking mine, honestly.
Safe riding.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Did some serious Off roading! And it fell! Still learning!
Also No need for anti theft, Android and iPhones both have cheap trackers which could be used. However the weight of bike makes it really very difficult to steal! They will need a group of people with a truck to load it on.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.