Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I can’t find a black one near home I am going to order one on Monday the dealer says it will take about six weeks to arrive from Italy.
Anyone think I shouldn’t do it speak now or forever hold thy peace.

·
Registered
797 Posts
As I can’t find a black one near home I am going to order one on Monday the dealer says it will take about six weeks to arrive from Italy.
Anyone think I shouldn’t do it speak now or forever hold thy peace.
I thought you where also offered a deal on a sport that you can get right away? If this is the case I probably go that way because I hate waiting and the colour will grow on you once it's yours.
Other wise just do it!The 1100 Scrambler is great bike in whatever colour or spec.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I agree with Skippy - if the Sport works for you get it.

Riders in Cardiff had some Black ones in stock a few weeks ago.

Give Katie a call or drop her an email... she did the good deal for me... save the wait... if you do ... tell her I sent you..

If you want contact details let me know..

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought you where also offered a deal on a sport that you can get right away? If this is the case I probably go that way because I hate waiting and the colour will grow on you once it's yours.
Other wise just do it!The 1100 Scrambler is great bike in whatever colour or spec.
Had another look at the sport and really tried to like it but I couldn’t. It isn’t just the colour the bars are too low for me, and the Ohlins don’t sag as much as the standard suspension so my feet aren’t as flat.
Anyway decided on a black basic one as it feels so much more comfortable for me with heated grips and a special seat to make it a little different.
This is the last bike I’m buying (I always say that).

·
Registered
797 Posts
Had another look at the sport and really tried to like it but I couldn’t. It isn’t just the colour the bars are too low for me, and the Ohlins don’t sag as much as the standard suspension so my feet aren’t as flat.
Anyway decided on a black basic one as it feels so much more comfortable for me with heated grips and a special seat to make it a little different.
This is the last bike I’m buying (I always say that).
Then the basic black is the way to go. Can't say that I blame you:grin:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats! I had my heart set on a standard, then weighed the $$$ of upgrading suspension later on, and figured getting the Ohlins up front with the Sport was the way to go for me.

I'm still not crazy about the color (I'm not into matte finishes) but its growing on me a little. I do get a lot of compliments and stares, so I guess it appeals to others. I'm laughing about the bars; I found even the Sport ones too high and wide, so I swapped them for out for Monster 1200 bars.

Either way, it's a great bike!! Basic black will look great.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pulled the trigger today added heated grips and a special seat. Dealer says 4 weeks to arrive.
Looking at a belly pan at Italo Shop I have registered but can’t find how to order. Can anyone guide me I am at a loss.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Pulled the trigger today added heated grips and a special seat. Dealer says 4 weeks to arrive.
Looking at a belly pan at Italo Shop I have registered but can’t find how to order. Can anyone guide me I am at a loss.
Congrats on your new bike. Hope you will get it as soon as possible.
I also can't find how to order on that site. Personally I wouldn't bother with that belly pan though. It's still early for the aftermarket to come out with the realy nice bits so personally I would wait a bit. The only parts that look to be available now are the parts that already fit other models and sellers are rushing these out as Scrambler 1100 parts, sometimes not even certain if it will realy fit correctly. First thing I would do is get some different mirrors as I realy dislike the stock ones in form and function.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It’s the only time I’ve seen a belly pan for a scrambler and it looks good, I’ve got a liking for belly pans. As for the mirrors, I have already changed them on my 800 so will be using them on the 1100.
I think I have sorted out the ordering problem I emailed them and they replied. You apparently use the contact form to say what you want and they take it from there by emailing your order to you with the price. I have started the process so let’s see what happens.
As you have an 1100 could you tell me if anyone sells a Givi rack for one. I have searched the internet but can’t find one.

·
Registered
797 Posts
It’s the only time I’ve seen a belly pan for a scrambler and it looks good. As for the mirrors, I have already changed them on my 800 so will be using them on the 1100.
I think I have sorted out the ordering problem I emailed them and they replied. You apparently use the contact form to say what you want and they take it from there by emailing your order to you with the price. I have started the process so let’s see what happens.
Nice! Can't wai till your bike arives and what it will look like with the changes. It is what I like about the Scramblers though, everybody is doing their own mods to make it their own.
Your right about the belly pan, I've also haven't seen any others on offer. Most people go for sump guards/bash plates I suppose.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice! Can't wai till your bike arives and what it will look like with the changes. It is what I like about the Scramblers though, everybody is doing their own mods to make it their own.
Your right about the belly pan, I've also haven't seen any others on offer. Most people go for sump guards/bash plates I suppose.
Mine won’t be going off road so a belly pan it is.
BTW have you found any cheap levers? Or is it too early to find any?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Mine won’t be going off road so a belly pan it is.
BTW have you found any cheap levers? Or is it too early to find any?
I haven't realy looked into it but think levers for the monster 796 should probably fit. The only problem is that they also say that about the clutch cover but I found it to be a little different(and I'm not sure if the difference realy matters).
Lot's of cheap leavers on AliExpress but I don't have any experience with levers from there. Levers are pretty important, could get realy ugly if they brake so not sure if I would go with a 25 euro set from there(not saying it won't be good but I am a bit hessitant).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts