59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what your 2018 was. ‍
I received 1 quote for $12570.

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
get a demo, you'll save at least $1k over that (Surf City, NJ??) here, although 0%-2% financing on a 2019 might be very compelling

i got my 2018 in a private sale (just 260 miles) for $9800 (plus the tax when registering)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
get a demo, you'll save at least $1k over that (Surf City, NJ??) here, although 0%-2% financing on a 2019 might be very compelling

i got my 2018 in a private sale (just 260 miles) for $9800 (plus the tax when registering)
Surf City - Huntington Beach California

I saw this one on CL. Not sure..
Only 79 miles. It was used for a photo shoot.
He says he has all the original parts.
Number plates and seat cowl is off. hmmm

ducati --- cafe racer #54

·
Registered
29 Posts
hmmm... would ask for the VIN to do a check on the CA DMV site to begin with... if they don't give you the VIN then move on

on the plate - in lieu of a kit (astroscrambler), i didn't think you could remove the plate without doing something undesirable around the lock etc... but others here will know better as I haven't fiddled with that part

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm... would ask for the VIN to do a check on the CA DMV site to begin with... if they don't give you the VIN then move on

on the plate - in lieu of a kit (astroscrambler), i didn't think you could remove the plate without doing something undesirable around the lock etc... but others here will know better as I haven't fiddled with that part
Definitely will check the VIN, thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts

I paid a OTD price of $10,200 for a 2018 demo with 415 miles on it. Currently its now got 1200 miles and I couldn’t be happier!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I paid $10,800 OTD for my 2018 Demo with 0 miles on it. That's including the cost to ship it from CA to WA though
Cool, I ended up paying $580 in shipping cost from Colorado to Kentucky so total OTD (with shipping) of my 2018 Demo was sameish as yours. Mine equaled $10,780. Did have 415 more miles on mine though but that's not a big deal IMO.

Overall, if your looking to purchase from a dealership buying a Demo is your best bet, that is if you get a similar deal to what we got.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cool, I ended up paying $580 in shipping cost from Colorado to Kentucky so total OTD (with shipping) of my 2018 Demo was sameish as yours. Mine equaled $10,780. Did have 415 more miles on mine though but that's not a big deal IMO.

Overall, if your looking to purchase from a dealership buying a Demo is your best bet, that is if you get a similar deal to what we got.
I'm an hour south of you in Lincoln County. Hit me up if youd like to ride next season.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am seriously considering a 2018 model. I prefer Black Coffee over the 2019 Silver/blue. I have 2 dealers near me, both with 1 remaining 2018 model (new 0 miles) each. Would you say $10,500 OTD would be a good target number? Ducati is offering an end of year promo for $750 in merchandise credit, but that will be separate from any negotiations I would think. Thanks in advance for input!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was able to purchase a 2017, when it was first released; the first one delivered to Ohio actually. But I had to pay msrp plus taxes.

They really wanted to showcase it until they received additional stock in a couple more weeks. So they would not budge on the price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was able to purchase a 2017, when it was first released; the first one delivered to Ohio actually. But I had to pay msrp plus taxes.

They really wanted to showcase it until they received additional stock in a couple more weeks. So they would not budge on the price.
Right on, man. I can totally see the “premium” in being the first one on the streets. I didn’t know with the ones I’m considering being at the very end of model year, end of calendar year and going into dead of winter would allow some price breaks. I will go to both dealerships and find out. Just hoping to get some insider trading on it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I'm sure you know this but if you are keen on gear indicators, fuel gauge etc you should check out the 2019 models. Obviously less wiggle-room on the price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts