Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For some reason this angle reminds me of the classic photo of T.E. Lawrence and UL-656. Don't know why but it does. Maybe that is why I told SWMBO to stop mucking around and I would by the bike seeing as she could not make up her mind.
Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 5.41.48 pm.png

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All we need now is something to fit it to. This arrived in the mail this morning.
Hopefully on Saturday afternoon it will be happily supporting the FT.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've got the SW Motech one on mine, and it's great. Not only does it prevent sinking, but it's a lot easier to kick the sidestand out while you're sitting on the bike.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the bike is now paid for. The insurance is sorted. The road toll account is sorted. My new 360 degree video camera has arrived and the weather forecast for Saturday is fine during the day albeit a touch cool (8-11C). I even have a suitably scenic ( for photos of course) 100km route home from the dealership in mind. I guess its all go now.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Look what followed me home for about 120km today.

Small screen

Flat Track Pro seat, carbon tank panels, Classic badge, heated grips wire.

Oh and the pipes (OEM of course but I can even hear them in the Bluetooth headset)

SWMBO tells me the the heated grips seem to be set to permanently on (she has never ridden a bike with heated grips before), that the Flat Track Pro seat is more comfortable than the OEM FT seat and the the little screen works really well and that fun is a good descriptive word.

Now the confession. I have never ridden a Scrambler. I have actually never even sat on one with the engine running but I now own one. Tomorrow might be a fun day if I can prise the key for MY new bike from SWMBO. :grin:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Tell your wife to hit the starter button when the bike is running. That will cycle through the heated grip settings, including 'OFF'.

Nice. BTW. If I were her you wouldn't be getting the keys :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tell your wife to hit the starter button when the bike is running. This cycles through the settings for the grips including 'OFF'.
It was a joke. I should have put a smilie after the comment. The grips will be on because she has fallen in love with them.
I got to go for a ride yesterday, after I had put 12.2L in the fuel tank. It was only about 4km to the service station and about 50km home.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It was a joke. I should have put a smilie after the comment. The grips will be on because she has fallen in love with them.
I got to go for a ride yesterday, after I had put 12.2L in the fuel tank. It was only about 4km to the service station and about 50km home.
And let us know how you get on with that seat if you do a long ride one day. As you probably know the original seats left you a little fidgety after a long one ;)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And let us know how you get on with that seat if you do a long ride one day. As you probably know the original seats left you a little fidgety after a long one ;)
Janice rode 140km or so home on Saturday and liked it but she is used to her Monster seat which is hardly luxurious. She did say it was much better for her than the OEM seat on the demo FT she rode for an hour or so. On my ride yesterday I had no complaints but I am unlikely to ride really big distances anyway. If we go away at all I will be on my Triumph.
We have the original FT seat at home I did have thoughts of getting a Seat Concepts kit for it but I will wait to see what the opinion is after a month or two.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just in case people want to see what the left side of a Scrambler looks like. This is about 100m from home. We don't get the view.
(Cheapie eBay side stand foot fitted)

·
Registered
283 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks great! What kind of screen is that? How much does it help with wind?

It is the standard Ducati Screen. I have never ridden a Scrambler without one so I can't compare but it does seem to work fairly well and provide nice clean air at least.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts