Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having received my kit recently I thought I'd better fit it, starting with the rear wheel. The instructions are good, as are the YouTube videos. All is well at the moment, the only time consuming part was grinding the nipple down a touch.
It's interesting that the rims have the bead retained lip, so in the event of a puncture the bead should stay seated.
Well worth it for quick puncture repairs on spoked wheels!

20160221_121516.jpg

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'll be doing mine in a 2 or months when the rear tyre wears out. So make sure you do a good write up :)

·
Registered
764 Posts
I bought mine direct from Outex through their eBay shop. They had a sale price at the time of £78. Once carriage and duties were added it cost about the same as it would from the UK importers SupermotoDaz Limited.
I had already emailed an enquiry to Supermotodaz but they didn't bother to reply :angry:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks Derek,definitely something I'm going to do when it's time for new rubber,especially as I have already suffered the inconvenience of a punctured tubed tyre on the scrambler.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine was from the Outex eBay store as well. To be honest, the videos on YouTube are far better than any write up. For example, the double sided tape is difficult to apply smoothly, but when you watch the video you see that's normal.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Mmm very interesting, I wouldn't mind doing that on one of my other bikes, :) when i have it, :rolleyes: how can you tell if the rim will take a tubeless tyre, ?:confused:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Mmm very interesting, I wouldn't mind doing that on one of my other bikes, :) when i have it, :rolleyes: how can you tell if the rim will take a tubeless tyre, ?:confused:
Any rim will take a tubeless tyre but rims designed for tubeless tyres have a lip around then to help hold the bead in place if the pressure drops. You can see them in Nuttynicks picture.

rim.jpg

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thanks, Derek. I didn't know that either, so thanks for asking, Elvisto.

Sarah

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As Derek has shown, the additional lips hep hold the bead secure without air pressure. The problem without them would be getting pressure back in the tyre after a tubeless repair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts