Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd have to rate the Scrambler release pretty much trouble free for the most part. They of course have been some similar gripes and complaints but nothing earth shaking in my opinion. At first I thought the small issue of the battery maintenance plug might have been a glitch but apparently it is completely hidden on many bikes according to my dealer who promises to show me where it is stashed under the frame on Friday.

I never personally saw any false neutrals but then again I can have a heavy left foot. The throttle doesn't personally bother me at all and with the rear shock set to the softest position so far I can live with the ride along with the seat. I was glad to see no major mechanical issues crop up after release so that is encouraging to me. You never know with new models what can happen even with a proven platform.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree. For the most part, the bike is exactly what it was represented to be. A low priced intro into the ducati line that is easy and fun to ride.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While it seems to be probably the biggest one out there in overall numbers I'm not sure if it is enough numerically to be the biggest but I guess a recall would tell us if and when it happens.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I've only done 1100kms but I'm more than happy at the moment so I tend to agree. I did smash my elbow using the tool supplied to adjust the suspension this weekend but I'm guessing that's not a mark against Ducati ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
5000 kms and apart from the loss of a bolt holding the side stand, there have been zero mechanical problems. To be honest I was expecting way more from an Italien Diva but am pleasently surprised. To be fair the engine is not a new construction and is a further development of an engine that has been known for high mileage and very few problems.

If you want to see problems, head on over to a BMW forum!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I think we've been very lucky, with very few problems cropping up on these bikes, :) no doubt there have been a few, but no real pattern where dozens of owners have the same problem ,

I do think the tyres wear out too soon ;) perhaps I shouldn't use it so much :rolleyes:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think we've been very lucky, with very few problems cropping up on these bikes, :) no doubt there have been a few, but no real pattern where dozens of owners have the same problem ,

I do think the tyres wear out too soon ;) perhaps I shouldn't use it so much :rolleyes:
Have the same problem, 5000km and the rear is nearly blank, will be fitting something else instead.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I believe the suspension set up (especially rear) and seats are the most common complaint. Not a significant deal breaker, but definitely would have been more polished if was sorted at OEM level.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
The suspension wasn't a fault, ;) they intended it to be like that :rolleyes: lots of customers are more than happy,

I don't want you to think I'm disappointed with the tyre wear, I'm not, If I slowed down a bit I'm sure I could get 5,000 miles per rear, as it is I managed just over 3,500 miles, had a lot more fun though :cool:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I believe the suspension set up (especially rear) and seats are the most common complaint. Not a significant deal breaker, but definitely would have been more polished if was sorted at OEM level.
They are not problems, just personal preference and how soft the rider is and I think we have lots of whiners here ;-)

·
Registered
243 Posts
The suspension wasn't a fault, ;) they intended it to be like that :rolleyes: lots of customers are more than happy,

I don't want you to think I'm disappointed with the tyre wear, I'm not, If I slowed down a bit I'm sure I could get 5,000 miles per rear, as it is I managed just over 3,500 miles, had a lot more fun though :cool:
I concur. I am about to change my rear and am a little cheesed off it didn't last a little longer.......maybe I also need to slow it down a bit! Have you looked at any decent alternatives Elvisto? I like the appearance of the stock, and no complaints about performance but longevity would be nice..... Also, just checking but £140 fitted seems a little steep....? Maybe not:02.47-tranquillity:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Pairs I know of are the Pirelli Dragons and Metzeler Z8´s, both very good tyres and more than adequate for the speeds of the Scrambler on road, longevity should be way better with both.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Lady, I've not bothered to look for an alternative, I'm more than happy with the original tyres, they give fantastic grip on tarmac and loose gravel, and they look the part too :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
I agree they look good, but frugal times dictate! Looking at getting Michelin Pilots as they seem to go the extra mile. Not bloody cheap tho'

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I love the bike in general, my biggest gripe was seat comfort and rear suspension, I had both altered but as has been said, they weren't a 'problem' per se just a matter of personal comfort!

Two problems I did have repaired under warranty were a warped brake disc and a crack on the speedo. No issues with Ducati honouring the repairs :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Two problems I did have repaired under warranty were a warped brake disc and a crack on the speedo. No issues with Ducati honouring the repairs :icon_thumright:
Be so glad you are in the UK and not the USA. Here when the warped rotor develops we get the response as seen in this thread on the forum http://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/disk-warping-issues.3004/ Not so easy in this part of the world!

Don't misunderstand, I really love the Scrambler, it is Ducati I am not so fond of .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts