Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to install a set of touring Oxford heated grips this weekend.
Where did you guys placed the controller? Is there a way to hide it somehow ?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yes - buy the Ducati ones - then the controller is invisible!

But back to your question - the controller needs to be on the bars so that you can turn them on and off - so hiding it is not really an option.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
My Ducati ones are being fitted on the 10th October. About time too!! ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I want to fit the Oxford ones too, as I have the throttle tamer so Ducati ones are not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think they do a version with the controller built into the grip now? Worth searching for as it reduces the wiring as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I fitted the grips today. Pretty straight forward installation. Two issues:
The controller of connected to the battery will always be hot, it is advertised to be able to detect when the engine is not running and shut itself off but I'm not too trusty.
Second is the placement of the controller. The bracket provided requires some mods to be installed on the handlebar. I'm wondering how other users did it.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Two issues:
The controller of connected to the battery will always be hot, it is advertised to be able to detect when the engine is not running and shut itself off but I'm not too trusty.
You definitely want to add a relay to your wiring ASAP - those grips will drain your battery quickly, when you forget to shut them off at the controller - and you will.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My wife's Oxford heated grips do turn off themselves and have been reliable (no flat batteries).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts