Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a few old threads on stands but I thought I would ask what everyone else has done.

I would prefer the bike to be sitting up right in the garage rather than the side stand, but my old paddock stand is a bit flimsy and only has the rubber pads for under the swing arm.
I have looked at R&G and Evotech bobbins and a new better quality stand but have also looked at the Abba, both similar cost.

Paul

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, and in the end if I get over the bike bug (for the second, third time or fourth time , I loose count) I can sell it on.

So just ordered the Super bike stand and front lift package for the Scrambler

Paul

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I agree, and in the end if I get over the bike bug (for the second, third time or fourth time , I loose count) I can sell it on.

So just ordered the Super bike stand and front lift package for the Scrambler

Paul
In order to use the front lift adapters you will need to insert a bar into the rear axle to loop the lifting strap around. There's nowhere else to fit it that allows enough leverage as there are no paddock stand bobbins and wrapping the strap around a dirty oily swingarm is not ideal. This becomes a problem if you want to remove both wheels at once for tyres etc. The way around this is to remove the rear wheel first and put the bar back in through the swingarm axle holes which will allow the front to be lifted, ie. one at a time.

I've had the ABBA lift for a few years which is a great set up and I use it for many different bikes by buying or making different fitting kits, I also have three centre lifts (types Bursig, Constands etc.) specifically for the Scramblers and Diavels, I find them to be by far the best and much quicker to use without having to dick about with the footpegs and straps as the ABBA requires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts