Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am wondering about paddock stand fitting ok as the swing arm has an acute upward slope. I am hoping it may be able to fit bobbins but unsure. I guess there maybe enough flat at the axle point but what do you reckon.
The bonus is at least axle is hollow to fit crash bobbins same as front

·
Registered
965 Posts
I had thought about this as well when the time came for maintenance. I'm guessing someone will fill the need, maybe even offer a center stand if the frame is set up for one.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I fit a belly plate that may help to put my hydraulic lift under but looking at the axle point there is a flat about 3-4 " long but awfully close to the nut and if my stand cups go up 3/4" that will be tight. I wish manufacturers welded or facilitated bobbin mount points more on dual siders

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have an Abba stand with adaptors for my MTS I also have adaptors for the Monsters, SS and 748/9** bikes. The Abba stand fits onto the swinging arm pivot to lift the rear wheel clear and allows removal of the wheel and the suspension. If the MTS adaptors don't fit I'm sure Abba will be producing ones that do.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How often did you remove the wheel? Did you planned some track days?
Even if i made all my maintenance by my self i wont bother make tire changes myself.
No not planning track day. I still think it should be ok with a standard paddock stand on the bottom flats but saying it looks designed without much thought for wheel changing and chain adjusting . I have enough stands to cope so don't worry there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm wondering if they will release a center stand for this bike. I'd probably buy one. Makes it safer for parking bike on soft ground and easier for working on it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm wondering if they will release a center stand for this bike. I'd probably buy one. Makes it safer for parking bike on soft ground and easier for working on it.
Take a look at the pic Albie posted earlier, with the exhaust collector/CAT in that position I really don't think there is room anywhere for a centre stand to flick up into without seriously affecting the ground clearance.
I do like centre stands and have one on my Tiger 800 but I think I'll be looking at the Abba stand option for my Icon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts