Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Termi high pipe installed.
Turning on the ignition I have EVO 1 displayed which indicates that the up key map has be successfully installed......However,I get a lot of backfiring and popping and my exhaust header pipe is blue which indicates running lean and hot.
My question to high level Termi owners,what is yours like?

·
Registered
12 Posts
In 35 years of riding I don't think I've ever owned a motorcycle which didn't blue it's exhaust pipes. Double skinned ones took a little longer but still coloured up eventually.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Phil, we're not talking about a 30 year old carbed bike here. If a modern bike with FI, and stainless exhaust is blueing then something is wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
My high termi doesn't pop or backfire often, only when I do something extreme and abrupt with the throttle. My header pipes are not blue, just sort of gold. I'm thinking you have a problem, Dave, maybe an air leak?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Phil, we're not talking about a 30 year old carbed bike here. If a modern bike with FI, and stainless exhaust is blueing then something is wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My header pipes were bluing at around 300 miles on a completely stock bike.

Here's a picture I just took at 967 miles, the bike is still stock apart from a G2 throttle, and runs perfectly well.

blue pipe (1 of 1).jpg

·
Registered
365 Posts
If the correct map was installed with your pipe, shouldn't "RACE" be displayed on the dial?
That's for the Termi Race slip-on. The high pipe displays EVO 1.

For those complaining of popping and banging, disable your SAI. I've put on a few hundred miles so far, and the difference is huge.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks, AH.

I didn't know if the high pipe had a Cat or not.

I have the Sport Termi on my Classic and am experiencing a lot of popping and barking.

How do I disable the SAI?

Cliff

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Thanks, AH.

I didn't know if the high pipe had a Cat or not.

I have the Sport Termi on my Classic and am experiencing a lot of popping and barking.

How do I disable the SAI?

Cliff
Here...

How to Disable the SAI

Please be advised, this will not totally eliminate "popping" on a setup where the CAT was removed, but will reduce it significantly.

A remap will do a much better job.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
My header pipes were bluing at around 300 miles on a completely stock bike.

Here's a picture I just took at 967 miles, the bike is still stock apart from a G2 throttle, and runs perfectly well.

View attachment 2963
That is what I would term "moderate blueing" - shows you how lean the stock bike truly is. The original poster described a much more severe condition.

Here is what the header should like like - with proper fueling...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts