Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. 1st time user.

Hi everyone, I have had my 2019 cafe racer for about 12 months now and I'd like a little more power out of it. Yes, I maybe could have, should have bought something else. But I didn't. But I do love it though.

What I am after, is some "no bull shit help and information", on what will fit into this 803cc engine.

I want to fit hi comp pistons, and I know you can get these.
Bigger valves. If any other model, Ducati valves will fit.
Cams. Will performance cams from other models fit into a 2019 803cc

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome. I have a 2020 cafe, which is the same as your 2019. I did not go as far as you are discussing, but I have done some changes that improved the performance. Here is what I have done and my thoughts on the value-add.

• MWR power up kit (cut airbox to allow more flow, new internal and side MWR charged filters)
    • Excellent improvement in airflow and great sound WOT and during starting (makes a suction howl that turns heads)
  • Rexxer EVO+ tuner
    • Expensive and limited usage, but does allow reading faults and clearing service lights
    • Can flash new maps or stock map if needed, which is nice
    • Wish it could do more and maps are around $100 if you need more than one
    • Easy to use
  • Rexxer Map Features
    • Increased rev limiter to 10K for ALL gears - excellent improvement
    • Removed fuel cut below 4500 RPMs - adding fuel below 4500 reduces on/off throttle kicking, which is nice, but above 4500 gives great engine braking
    • Disables the SAI - nice, but the SAI stays in place - would rather have a block-off plate, like I received with a kit for my wife's R3
    • Disables O2 sensors - excellent performance, but for the 2019/2020, the O2 sensors stay in place (throws error is disconnected) - would like to remove them
    • Map provides excellent improvement in acceleration, smoothness - still has a very slight flat spot at 4K RPMs
  • Termignoni race exhaust
    • Eliminates the cat, reduces weight, excellent sound, great performance
      • Install was difficult (poor alignment), leaks until hot (due to poor alignment), and expensive
      • Love it and would not use any other pipe (have one on my XDiavel too - which fits perfectly)
      • Did not use the Termi map since I had the Rexxer map
  • Dropped one tooth on the secondary (front) sprocket
    • Great improvement in acceleration - the way it should have been
    • RPMs run a bit high and would not use it if riding on the highway for long periods (hour +)
    • Easy to install and change
  • Removed charcoal canister - not needed, saves weight and room, prevents future starting issues
  • Fixed gap on spark plugs and replaced one that was fouled - fixed a lazy start issue
  • EBC sintered pads - stops as it should now
  • Removed excess weight (license plate arm, rearsets coming soon)
  • Lowered clipons and raised forks in tree
    • Finally turns in properly (stock is crazy lethargic)
    • Not twitchy and looks more like a cafe
  • Bought a spoke tuning and wheel balancing kit
    • This bike needs it as the spokes are likely uneven right off the showroom floor and need adjusting every two weeks (wheelies don't help)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and thank you for all of that info. Is the Rexxer ECU better than the TuneBoy ECU. Or flash.?????

I have removed the OEM rear set completely and fitted rider only rear set. They are Bonamici with a race shift. I then replaced all the bolts with Titanium bolts. Saved 3.1kgs. on foot controls... Lithium battery, saved 3kgs. Removed OEM number plate crap, fitted carbon tail tidy from Icon. Saved 1.5kgs. Fitted Arrow muffler, saved about 3.5kgs. Fitted Ti bolts and nuts everywhere, about 1 kg.. Fitted Matris fully adjustable rear shock and Matris front fork cartridges, fully adjustable. CNC steering damper bracketry with Ohlins damper Have not received yet... Ti front axle and nut, have not received yet.. Gold DID race chain with super lite sprockets. 1 down on the front and 1 down on the rear. MWR power-up air cleaner, have not received yet...IRC quick shifter. CNC clip-ons, have not received yet.... Alloy lightened flywheel, have not received yet... Quick turn throttle, have not received yet... BST TWIN TEK carbon wheels with ceramic bearings, and have not received yet..

Without the wheel weigh, I have saved 11 kgs off the bike.
I can show you some pictures when the bike is finished.
I bought everything from BellissiMoto.

Does the MWR power-up air cleaner really make a difference, other than the sound?
Cheers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello and thank you for all of that info. Is the Rexxer ECU better than the TuneBoy ECU. Or flash.?????

I have removed the OEM rear set completely and fitted rider only rear set. They are Bonamici with a race shift. I then replaced all the bolts with Titanium bolts. Saved 3.1kgs. on foot controls... Lithium battery, saved 3kgs. Removed OEM number plate crap, fitted carbon tail tidy from Icon. Saved 1.5kgs. Fitted Arrow muffler, saved about 3.5kgs. Fitted Ti bolts and nuts everywhere, about 1 kg.. Fitted Matris fully adjustable rear shock and Matris front fork cartridges, fully adjustable. CNC steering damper bracketry with Ohlins damper Have not received yet... Ti front axle and nut, have not received yet.. Gold DID race chain with super lite sprockets. 1 down on the front and 1 down on the rear. MWR power-up air cleaner, have not received yet...IRC quick shifter. CNC clip-ons, have not received yet.... Alloy lightened flywheel, have not received yet... Quick turn throttle, have not received yet... BST TWIN TEK carbon wheels with ceramic bearings, and have not received yet..

Without the wheel weigh, I have saved 11 kgs off the bike.
I can show you some pictures when the bike is finished.
I bought everything from BellissiMoto.

Does the MWR power-up air cleaner really make a difference, other than the sound?
Cheers.
Yes, please do post pics when you get those parts on. What model of Matris shock and cartridges did you use? I would be interested in those clip-ons too, once you get them. I plan on lowering my gauges with a custom built bracket and then replacing the headlight with an adaptive unit (lights up corners when you lean over). I would also be interesting in the weight savings you received from the chain/sprocket combo. I started looking at light sprockets a few months ago, but didn't pull the trigger yet. Plan on doing that when I order some rear sets and remove the passenger setup.

Yes, the MWR kit really allows the map to pump in some fuel, but I am not sure of the duty cycle the injectors are doing now. I might get it dyno tested this spring. The stock airbox is very, very restrictive. It almost seems like they wanted to make it waterproof, LOL. My fuel economy went from 52.4 to 25.7 (after all mods since they had to be done at the same time), so I would say it is doing something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, please do post pics when you get those parts on. What model of Matris shock and cartridges did you use? I would be interested in those clip-ons too, once you get them. I plan on lowering my gauges with a custom built bracket and then replacing the headlight with an adaptive unit (lights up corners when you lean over). I would also be interesting in the weight savings you received from the chain/sprocket combo. I started looking at light sprockets a few months ago, but didn't pull the trigger yet. Plan on doing that when I order some rear sets and remove the passenger setup.

Yes, the MWR kit really allows the map to pump in some fuel, but I am not sure of the duty cycle the injectors are doing now. I might get it dyno tested this spring. The stock airbox is very, very restrictive. It almost seems like they wanted to make it waterproof, LOL. My fuel economy went from 52.4 to 25.7 (after all mods since they had to be done at the same time), so I would say it is doing something.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts