Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone managed to squeeze in a phone mount on the Cafe Racer? (I have an iPhone 7+), pics if you have mounted?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
57DEC261-8CAF-451C-A913-CD5354629FF0.jpeg
great, thanks! looks good, did you need the handle bar mount or mirror mount package to get it flush like that? pic attached

·
Registered
28 Posts
Negative, no mounts fit the bike because there was simply no room. AMS here in Dallas had to figure out a semi custom way to attach the mount so utilized the bolt on the triple clamp area. Not sure exactly what they used or how they did it but its very secure. maybe your dealer could give you some insight on how. there were no other brands or methods other then this to get a phone holder to sit flush. Tried the Ram mount brand first however didn't work at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Negative, no mounts fit the bike because there was simply no room. AMS here in Dallas had to figure out a semi custom way to attach the mount so utilized the bolt on the triple clamp area. Not sure exactly what they used or how they did it but its very secure. maybe your dealer could give you some insight on how. there were no other brands or methods other then this to get a phone holder to sit flush. Tried the Ram mount brand first however didn't work at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was having a problem finding a mount for my cafe racer. I ended up buying a rock-form case for my iPhone. It has a great magnet and does a great job sticking to the tank. Plus it was only about 40 dollars. It's worth a thought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look into Ram mount
I was having a problem finding a mount for my cafe racer. I ended up buying a rock-form case for my iPhone. It has a great magnet and does a great job sticking to the tank. Plus it was only about 40 dollars. It's worth a thought.
Look into Ram mount that what I am going to look into now because quad lock doesn't have something that fits without some customization

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys, due to pick up my bike in a week, so can't actually look to check this out.

Could the Bar mount go where I've indicated on the photo? With the extension riser it would sit somewhere like where the red rectangle is drawn?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi guys, due to pick up my bike in a week, so can't actually look to check this out.

Could the Bar mount go where I've indicated on the photo? With the extension riser it would sit somewhere like where the red rectangle is drawn?
There isn't much clearance there. Both the Ram and the quadlocks mounts wouldn't fit there. the picture makes it look like theres a lot more space then there really is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for coming back. Would anyone mind measuring the space between the controls? This picture makes it look like I'd only need 16mm between them to fit this riser?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for coming back. Would anyone mind measuring the space between the controls? This picture makes it look like I'd only need 16mm between them to fit this riser?
I have this one it doesnt work on any part of the bike. You can by the quadlock ball mount and buy the ram mount raiser and handlebar mount to get clearance

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have this one it doesnt work on any part of the bike. You can by the quadlock ball mount and buy the ram mount raiser and handlebar mount to get clearance
Hate to disagree gents.... but....

(* - requires you to take the clutch lever off to fit the spacer and back part of mount, but it's just two allens).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hate to disagree gents.... but....

(* - requires you to take the clutch lever off to fit the spacer and back part of mount, but it's just two allens).
Looks great, trying this today - thanks for posting it, MisterTommyH.

Update: works flawlessly, and keeps the profile very clean in landscape. Thanks again... tank bag navigating was getting super annoying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys new here, but I had a different approach that may add some value. I wanted a more standard mounting option to use any type of mount, be it for a phone or otherwise. Although I’m happy to shell out some $ for good products, all told this cost me about $20 (with the mount) using a 3/8 concrete anchor and aluminum spacers -all stainless/galvanized/aluminum hardware for obvious reasons.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts

Did you ever figure out the way AMS did it on the bolt? I saw someone from japan did the same thing. But unfortunately he hasn't responded.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went to Ducati and they put a ram mount in the bolt next to the fork. I can take a picture and post it when I get home but it was a $9 piece and $30 for Ducati to put it in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went to Ducati and they put a ram mount in the bolt next to the fork. I can take a picture and post it when I get home but it was a $9 piece and $30 for Ducati to put it in.

That would be awesome! I don't want to put it on the clip ons because i have lowered them a bit... Please send a pic

·
Registered
44 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts