Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you ever figure out the way AMS did it on the bolt? I saw someone from japan did the same thing. But unfortunately he hasn't responded.
Yea, not sure exactly how they did it. Haven't been in there in a while but the next time i'm there i'll ask.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe there are only a couple options one being the mount attaching to the clip-ons. I think someone on here was able together that to work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Negative, no mounts fit the bike because there was simply no room. AMS here in Dallas had to figure out a semi custom way to attach the mount so utilized the bolt on the triple clamp area. Not sure exactly what they used or how they did it but its very secure. maybe your dealer could give you some insight on how. there were no other brands or methods other then this to get a phone holder to sit flush. Tried the Ram mount brand first however didn't work at all.
I was able to install the Quad Lock on my stock bars however the fit was very tight. So just purchased and received these Ducabike bars which allow for 10 degree movement in all directions and more importantly are nearly 1 inch (their 0.8 inches) longer than stock bars so more than enough room now to install a phone holding mount.

Adjustable Clipon Bar Tube Set by Ducabike (TM03D)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I installed the Quad Lock too. Super tight fit, not a perfect fit, but it has worked great. Quad Lock also sells a black release lever, so you don't have that ugly blue one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I installed the Quad Lock too. Super tight fit, not a perfect fit, but it has worked great. Quad Lock also sells a black release lever, so you don't have that ugly blue one.
Oh cool about the black release lever wasn't aware of that, thx. Will definitely be buying one.

Going to be installing those new Ducabike clip-on bars soon too as they give me 0.8 inches more room on each bar so not near as tight a fit as now plus a 10-degree adjustment in any direction (front/rear/up/down) which I'm sure will make for either a much more comfortable or aggressive riding position.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts