Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Icon yesterday and went for a fairly decent combination of freeway and back roads with a buddy. First impressions were I was fairly surprised for such a light and small bike that it was very stable at freeway speeds and relatively smooth.

Power to weight is definitely high as acceleration was very spirited but I didn't thrash it (yet).. I will definitely want a small windscreen down the road to keep a bit of the wind off and the soft side bags for utility. The seat wasn't bad during the 100 miles of combined riding but that will need a bit longer evaluation to see long term. Coming from a fairly big and heavy bike to this one was a nice change for me as I know I will ride it more for that reason.

Fit and finish is very nice I would say a slight bit higher then any Japanese bike I've owned but my other Japanese bikes were very close. One thing for sure is that this bike really gets the looks and comments from people more so then most others I've had. I'm happy and will be leaving shortly for a Mother's Day ride with the Wife on back so we'll see how that goes. Happy and safe riding to all.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks for sharing.
Although it makes me more impatient about the arrival of my bike every time I read one of these ride reports....everyone is so pleased with their bikes!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got back earlier after a ride with the Wife on back. The extra weight believe it or not made for a smoother ride on all the roads we went on. As well to quote my Wife, she said the acceleration was "snappy and fun" my Wife does prefer a backrest though, so maybe down the road someone will design one.

I have to admit this is the funnest bike I've owned in years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts